Harmony

I dashed for the door. My fingers were just inches away from the door knob when his hands from behind grabbed me around my waist and pulled me back. “No!” I screamed trying to pry his grip off of me. He turned me to face him. His eyes were filled with anger and evil. “Don’t try and run, my Knight.” He whispered in my ear. I pushed him off and stepped back. “What in the hell do you want from me?!” I yelled at him. He grinned, the started saying, while walking around the room, “You see, I need you for something very important, my dear. If your not in the picture, the plan is generally ruined. You need to be my pretty little spy.”

I gulped, then looked down at the floor. “What if I don’t cooperate?” I asked quietly. “Oh, don’t worry, you will after you hear the reward.” I looked up at him, with a puzzling look. “Reward?” He grinned, then continued. “Yes, reward. If you do what I ask, I’ll take you back to your family. How does that sound?” I glared at him, and preceded to crack up laughing. “You fool. My family has been dead for ages.” 

“Or have they?” He replied, with a devilish grin. I swore my heart stopped beating. They’re…alive?  “I know exactly where they are. And believe me, if you still decide to refuse me, I can terminate them in a split second. You know I’m not bluffing.” I looked down at the ground, sad but willing. “Who… do you want me to spy on?” I chocked out. 

He walked up to me, and bent down to my level. “Orochimaru.” My eyes widened. I’ve heard so much about him and I knew this wasn’t a good idea. I looked up at him, only inches away from his face. “Why?” I whispered. “Simply because he’s running everything into the ground. I need you to report back to me every three months and tell me how he’s progressing. Understand?”

I gave a brief nod. “Now go to his village, and say you need power. If he asks why, tell him you want to be able to defeat everyone you come across. Then, every three months, meet me here. Now, go.” I turned and dashed out the door. I really didn’t want to do this, but if it meant finding my parents, I’m in. 

~~~~

My eyes fluttered open. This is the second time I had a dream of my past. Probably because I remember this moment very clearly. It was when I was 12, and I had my first encounter with Madara. But that was a long time ago. I turned over, and watched Pein sleeping. I studied his piercings and his facial expression. He looked so innocent while he slept. A smile crept across my face. I got out of bed, and walked out and headed down the hallway. I found a familiar door, and opened it and peered inside. 

Itachi lie on his bed, sleeping. I grinned, and walked inside. I jumped on his bed, on the little patch he didn’t cover. I lie there next to him, watching as his eyes fluttered open. “Six.” He smiled and pulled me into a hug. I hugged back, then whispered, “Hey buddy.” “Let me look at your tattoo.” I showed him my wrist, and he smiled. “Good, it’s getting better.” I hugged him again. 

It’s been a few months since I arrived to the Akatsuki. Itachi and I have become better friends, and me and Pein’s relationship has grown. I don’t go near Deidara anymore, same with Madara. But, I still never forget about my escape plan. I’m always revising it in my head, making adjustments and better conclusions. But every time I kiss Pein, a knot finds its way into my stomach. It’s going to be really hard to leave him.

Since it was still around midnight, I fell asleep in Itachi’s arms. I didn’t have any more dreams, but when I woke up I still had my previous dream playing itself over and over again in my head. I mainly just hung out with Itachi, joking and making fun of Kisame. “It doesn’t make sense…” I whispered into Itachi’s ear. Itachi stifled a laugh, then replied, “I know. I’m still confused. But I mean, if Zetsu can be a giant plant, he can be a giant fish.” 

Then we received a glare from Kisame, and we left the room cracking up. I bumped into Pein in the hallway, who smiled at me. Itachi winked at me and walked past us, leaving us alone.

“Pein.” I stated smiling. “Six.” he replied. “Meet me in the bedroom?” He asked grinning, noticing me blushing as I looked down to the ground. I nodded. “I’ll be there in a minute.” He replied as he stepped closer to me. He lifted my chin up with his fingers, and planted a kiss to my lips. He pulled away, then walked off, leaving me staring off into space. I was really going to miss that.

I walked into our bedroom, and plopped myself onto his bed. I snuggled under the blankets, staring at our only candle light. I stared up at the ceiling, thinking. I had to reschedual my escape so many times. But I have to find a perfect time and stick with it. Next week? 

Just then, Pein walked in and settled himself next to me. He put his arm over me and kissed me, pulling my hip closer to his. I immediately started to kiss back. He grinned in the kiss and advanced on top of me. I shivered. He advanced onto my shirt, trying to pull it off. No… Stop…. I  pushed him off me and sat up, looking in his confused teal eyes. I shook my head, and he sighed. “Sorry. Got carried away, I guess.” He moved over next to me, and cradled me in his arms. I drifted off to sleep.

Little did I know, my life was going to be turned upside down so quickly.