(Red!Reader x Grif)

(Just so you know: (y/b/d) is your birthday date. Hope you enjoy this!)

"C'mon, Grif! You promised!"
"Five more minutes."
"You said that an hour ago!"
"Did I? Hmm... Oh well."
"Grif!"

Not to your surprise, Grif was being his normal, lazy self. But you wouldn't let it slide today. Today was, in fact, your birthday. Grif didn't know this since you didn't tell anyone on the red team, besides Donut. The pink soldier seemed trustworthy enough for you to tell him. You also told Caboose, but you didn't think he'd understand what you said.

You left the room to go get a bucket of ice-cold water to throw on the lazy male. "Hey, (y/n)," Donut greeted you outside Grif's room. "Morning, Donut," you greeted the blonde back. "So, I heard it's somebody's birthday today," Donut prodded.

You sighed, "Yeah, and Grif won't get up to go with me to the fireworks Caboose and Freckles are setting up." Donut gave you a small, apologetic look. "Hey, it's okay. If he won't go with you, then you've still got me." You gave your friend a short hug before he turned on his heel and left.

"What was that about?" A familiar voice spoke from behind you. Your eyes snapped to the doorway where Grif now stood. "Took you long enough, I was about to go get water to pour on you," you complained.

Grif didn't look happy, he actually seem pretty pissed off. His arm were crossed across his bare and, surprisingly, toned chest. "What's wrong with you?" You asked. He just gave you a sharp glare with his deep, blue eyes.

"What were you talking about with Donut?" He asked with a darker tone. "It's a secret," you replied. His glare didn't soften, it only grew sharper. "But seriously, who shit in your cup of coffee this morning?" You asked, wondering why he was so angry with you.

"Probably the same person who was trying to wake me up," he growled as he went to change. Grif would rarely do this kind of thing. The last time he did something like this, you were helping Simmons with something. He repeatedly kicked the Warthog for an hour, grumbling insults about the maroon soldier. You weren't surprised that when he was done he took a long nap.

"Grif, are you jealous?" You asked the male in a teasing tone. He accidentally hit his head against the shelf in his closet. He let out a hiss before yelling, "What?! Of course not! I have nothing to be jealous of!" "Your tone tells me otherwise," you replied calmly.

He just stared at you for a while before turning back to his closet. He clench his hand into a fist and spoke quietly, "Can you just... Wait outside the base? I'll be out there in a minute." Even from where you were standing, you could see that his back looked really tense.

You walked behind him and rested a hand between his shoulder blades. "You're upset or stressed. I can tell," you whispered and started drawing small circles on his back with your fingers. After a few seconds, he seemed to relax and loosen up.

"There we go. That's much better," you smiled. "I'm going back to sleep," Grif announced as he pulled away from you. You whined, "But you just got up!" "Don't care." "You should!" "Why?" "Because it's my-" you stopped yourself. "Forget it. I'll just go with Donut. Or maybe even Simmons, cause I know either one of them will be a good friend and get off their asses for me!"

You were about to leave the room when the brunette pulled you back with a glare that could kill. "I'm your friend, so could you please shut the fuck up and let me sleep for once!" He yelled at you. "For ONCE?! No! How about you get off your lazy butt for once and listen to me?! Today is (y/b/d). Do you know what's so important about today? No! You don't!" You screamed back.

"Both of you! Shut up!" Donut bursted into the room and shouted. The blonde had never looked this angry, he's never been angry at all. "I'm done with this. You both shouldn't be screaming at each other. Grif, today is (y/n)'s birthday. She wanted to take you to the firework Caboose and Freckles have been preparing all day," Donut explained the whole situation.

"It doesn't matter to me if you come or not, but (y/n) has been wanting to take you since Caboose told her about this event. Take a sec to think about her," Donut finished and left the room. You and Grif were both silent for a minute. "Today's your birthday?" Grif asked. You sighed, "Yeah. It is."

"Why didn't you tell me?" "I didn't think you'd care." "Of course I care. If anything, I care about this more than anything else." "I'm sorry. It wasn't fair for you. I shouldn't have yelled at you." "I'm sorry too. I guess... I was kinda... Jealous." "Of what?" "Donut and Simmons get along with you so well and I just... Don't like it."

You laughed. "Why are you laughing?" He asked. You replied, "Because you're adorable." He gave you an annoyed look. "Like I said," you gave him a short kiss, "Adorable."

------------------------------------------------------

You know who else is adorable?
Me!

Just kidding! 😜

Anyway, I just got my hair dyed! Yay! I've been waiting to get the tips dyed teal for FOREVER!

So, that's about it. I've got nothing else...

Leave requests down in the comments!

And, as always, thanks for reading!

- J_fox11

------------------------------------------------------