A feeling of nausea hit me, as my head spun a little. I gripped the door knob with my hand, as it crumbled in my hold and fell into tiny pieces.

Damon and Elena were both on the bed. Not in the way you think, but in a way that only made things worst.

Elena was sat beside Damon on the bed, dabbing a washcloth against his forhead.

Damon was laying on the bed his eyes barely opened, and sweat dribbling down his face.

Damon tried to smile when he saw me at the door, but it turbned out more a grimcae than anything.

"Hi." His voice was quiet, and rapsy, and made my heartbreak.

"Vampires d-don't get sick." I stated shaking my head and taking small steps towards Damon's bed. "This is not a good joke Damon!"

"He's not joking." Elena muttered, dabbing the washcloth on his forehead.

I walked towards the bed pulling it out of her hands, an taking a seat by Damon.

I put the washcloth on Damon's nightstand and instead cupped his face in my cold hands, knowing it will sooth him more than a washcloth. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Elena stand up to leave.

I looked into his blue eyes, that I loved. His eyes were only half way open, to weak to open them all the way.

"Damon? Please tell me your joking." I pleaded, desperately searching his face for any sign that'd say he was joking, but found none.

"Don't cry."He whispered, lifting his shaking hands and wiping the few tears away.

I hadn't even noticed I was crying till he told me. A sob escaped my lips, as the tears continued to fall.

"Your dying?" I whispered, more a statement than a question.

Damon only continued looking at me, his eyes pleading me to stop crying.

"You promised!" I sobbed.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. "I am."

"Who did it? What happenned? I swear to god I'll kill them." I threatened.

"Werewolf." He admitted. Then I remembered how Klaus had said damaged goods, and how a werewolf bite could kill a vampire.

My hands shook, as I lowered the blanket from Damon's shoulders. I could see small black spots on his shoulders, that made me more frightened.

I helped him sit up, to examine his wound, and what I saw, made me wish I didn't look. On his back, starting from his right shoulder was a huge black wound, that went down the back of his hand.

Slowly I laid him back down, and bit down on my wrist bringing it to his lips.

A little colour returned to his face, but my blood didn't do much.

"Kill me." I heard Damon mutter snapping me from my thoughts. I looked down at him with wide eyes.

"No." I denied, shaking my head furiously. "Your gonna live."

"It hurts, please." He pleaded, with a pained voice, as a few tears leaked from his eyes.

My heart ached at the pain, he was going through.

"Remember how you once made me promise to keep on fighting, I want you to promise me that." I pleaded taking his hands in mine.

Damon smiled, and slightly shook his head, coughing. I rubbed his back soothing him. "I can't." He mumbled making my heartache, and many regrets began filling my head.

"I can't. I won't be able to live with it." I said shaking my head again. "There has to be a way. There always is."

"There is no cure." Damon said. "Let me go."

I stood up and ran my hands through my hair. "If a werewolf bite can cause death, there has to be a cure. Nature always creates a balace."

"Kayla." He said in a pained voice. "It's my time to go. Karma finally came for me."

"No!" I shouted. "I'm not letting anyone or anything take you away from me!"

I sat on the bed again, and lent towards him.

Slowly, I met my lips with his, feeling the tingles and sparks. Slowly I moved my lips with Damon's as he too responded.

Every moment, I have I want to savour with Damon, to prolong it.

I've found love with Damon, that I've never found with someone else in all of my sixteen years. I have something special with Damon that I can't find in anyone else, that no one else can give me.

I pulled away not wanting to overwhelm Damon in his vulnerable state.

He put a hand on my cheek and stared into my eyes. At that moment I knew that if Damon dies, so do I.

Not even the universe, faith, karma or death could do us apart.

~*~

Authors Note:

I'm so excited yet soo sad! This book is almost coming to an end, and the sequel will soon begin!!!!

I need you guys to predict if Kayla and Damon are going to have a sad ending, or a happy ending, at the end of this book........?

Okay so THANK YOU soooo much for the 40,000 reads!!!!!! and almost like 600 votes!!!!!! <3

Also if you have time, check out my other TVD fan fic, The Fiery Original,

Thanks again

Love -Tabby