I'm finally a high schooler!

Start from the beginning

"You're trolling me," I frown. "Right?"

"Yeah sure." He smiles and shrugs his shoulders.

"Emmy...?" He was using the voice when he wanted me to do him a favor.

"Yes?" I wonder what he wants me to do.

"Could you carry me to the bathroom?" 

I glare at him. This lazy excuse of a big brother is asking me, who is 5'3", to carry him, who is 6'3." Plus, he is also eighty pounds heavier than me.

Yeah, not going to end well.

"Please? We're both going there anyways!"

"No, it's only ten feet away."

"That's a lot!"

"No."

"I'll do whatever you want!"

"Whatever?"

"Yes!"

"Okay then! I hold you to that promise." I grin happily. Ten feet is no big deal for little ole me. Still, I have carried Jason a few times. Yes, he makes his little sister carry him around sometimes. I can actually carry him for quite a while before I collapse and die. I'm stronger than I look!

"Climb on!" I sigh. 

I hurry to the bathroom, him piggyback riding. To be exact, I half drag and half carry him. When I step through the bathroom, I automatically drop him on the floor.

"Ouch, Emmy!" He rubs his bum. "Can you be any more abusive?"

"Oh whoops!" I laugh nonchalantly. He only said to bring him to the bathroom. My job is done. I start brushing my teeth and getting ready for school. Jason goes to the other sink to get ready too.

"Hurry up!" I run to my room and change into my outfit. I throw on my jean shorts, white converse, and white lace top. I actually put in some effort since it is my first day. First impressions are everything.

Walking downstairs, I notice the time when I glance at my watch: 7:30. "SUNNY! GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE!"

"Jeez Emmy. Are you trying to make me deaf? You still going on with that nickname? You never did tell me the reason." Jason walks down the stairs.

"Well, class starts 8:00 sharp. I want to get there at least 7:50. School takes five minutes to get there, but we need to grab our breakfast at Chance in Counter. That's going to take fifteen minutes," I explained, ignoring his comment. "You know the drill."

"Aww.. my little nerd of a sis planned it all out." He pats my head lovingly.

"I'm not a nerd!" I pout. He can be quite annoying sometimes.

"Yeah. I guess you don't quite look like one. I mean, if you just..." he looked at me.

I glare. I swear my face is going to get stuck from all this glaring I'm doing.

"Hey! I'm kidding!" He raises his hands in mock surrender. "Are we going or what?"

"Fine."

He quickly rides his bike over and throws me a helmet. "Hop on."

Swinging my leg over the seat, I mutter, "Stupid, older brother who somehow convinces your parents that motorcycles are better than skateboards..."

Yes, Jason rides a shiny and sleek motorcycle. Don't get me started on the subject. Lets just say that somehow mom and dad found out about my "reckless" skateboarding to and from destinations. Thus, they thought it was safer to have my "responsible" brother to bike me to school on a motorcycle.

"Huh?" Jason smirks. "Repeat that again?"

"Nothing." I say, even though I think he heard it. "Let's go!"

*****

"Morning Jason and Emmalyn!" Kody greets us as we enter Chance in Counter. The soothing aroma of coffee wafts towards us. Personally, I thought Chance in Counter had the best coffee ever though I was sightly biased. However, it was true that it was one of the most popular coffee brands in the world. 

"Hey Kodes!" We wave as we go to her. We were regulars here, partly because Kody was our awesome Godmother. She usually made our breakfast for us. My mother used to take Sunny and me to the shop a lot since she only liked Kody's coffee. As my mother became busier with her business, Jason and I came here instead for our breakfast.

"Here's your breakfast. I added a little something extra since it is your first day in high school right?" She winks at me, handing me a bag with the logo and a design on it. Another thing I loved about the cafe is the take-out bags; they were simple and elegant. Well, I did design both the logo and bag. I had a little help from my mother, but I was really proud of the design.

"SOMEONE gets me!" I say dramatically while glowering at Jason. "This guy here doesn't seem to understand."

"That's because I have been there for three years. Well, it's going to be four now." He points out.

"Well, I'm glad you two are really getting along," Kody jokes. "I'd love to chat but look at this line! You two are going to be late." 

I notice that there were at least ten people in line, all of them waiting. Oops.

"Here's the money! See ya!" I give her a quick hug over the counter. Grabbing Jason's hand, I half-drag and half-run with him outside.