ii. wedding preparation

TWO; WEDDING PREPARATION

For the first time in over two weeks, Haven Eldridge had gone a night without getting drunk.

It was a change to say the least and the brunette wasn't too happy about it. Thoughts kept swirling around her head and the pain of being so far away from Jacob nipped at her heart every two seconds, this never happened after tequila.

It was all to see this with raw eyes though and Haven was happy that she could do it for her best friend. There was Bella – sitting on a seat bare faced and ready for Alice to doll up.

Today was the day of Bella and Edward's wedding. Today Haven's best friend would get married to the man that she loved, and the huntress truly couldn't be happier for the pair who had been through way too much. They deserved this.

"How nervous are you on a scale of 1 to 10?" Haven posed the question for the doe eyed human sitting in a chair, the two were patiently waiting for Alice to walk in with her drill sergeant mentality.

Bella gave Haven a struggled smile. "10 doesn't begin to describe the nervousness I am feeling."

Haven rolled her eyes playfully to try and lighten the mood. "Please, what do you really have to be nervous about? You think Edward is going to change his mind last minute and not say yes at the altar?"

"Maybe."

The huntress would have scoffed at the brunette in front of her if it wasn't for the tone of Bella's words. She truly did sound doubtful, although Haven had no idea why. "That is the last thing in the entire world you have to be worried about, Bells. Seriously. Why else would Edward go through so much shit in the past year if he didn't love you? You should be nervous about tripping over your own feet, not doubting Edward's love."

"I know," Bella shook her head to herself as if to get rid of all the negative thoughts floating through her head. Her speech was now directed towards Haven. "In other topics, how are you doing? You okay?"

"Getting there," Haven simply answered, not wanting to delve too much into the constant pain throbbing in her without her imprint close. "I'm looking forward to the ceremony, do you think Emmett will help me spike the punch?"

Bella whacked her hand against Haven's bicep for that comment. "There is no punch you idiot, it's a wedding not a school prom."

"Damn," Haven spoke to herself. "Emmett totally would have been down to do it too."

"Emmett would do anything risky with you," Bella paused as she thought to herself for a second. "Actually, Emmett would probably do anything for you if you asked. He considers you family, so do the rest of the Cullen's."

"Damn right you are," Alice walked through the door with a bunch of bags in her tiny hands. The pixie looking girl placed them on the floor beside Bella's chair and brightly smiled at Haven. "Haven is another one of my sisters, which is why I can tell you honestly that you look terrible."

Haven knew that Alice didn't mean it in a bad way, but the brunette still furrowed her eyebrows in offense. She knew that the bags under her eyes were intense even blue undertones had started to poke through. Sleep doesn't come easy to Haven anymore, night was now the time that her mind had to overthink – usually her cure for this was alcohol but having the night off to look better for today's big day didn't seem to do much. "Thanks Alice, you really know how to make your sister feel special."