Lovely in His T-shirt

You stood in front of the mirror gazing down and making faces at your waistline. Like most girls, you were annoyed with the bit of extra weight that seemed like you could never lose. It wasn't your identity and you weren't obsessed with it, but it made you unhappy all the same. The girls in the magazines were photo shopped, sure; but for some inexplicable reason you still wished that you could look like them.

There was a sudden, sharp click, and you quickly pulled your shirt down to conceal your body as the bathroom door swung open and Will walked in.

You felt him eyeing you, and you tried to act casual by pulling out your rubber band and running your fingers through your hair. You thought you caught a slight grin from out of the corner of your eye as Will untwisted the toothpaste cap and applied a generous amount of red-white-and-blue to his brush.

You began to let out an inward sight of relief.

"I saw that you know."

Busted! "Saw what?" you asked in what you hoped was an indifferent tone.

"Don't think I didn't notice."

"Notice what?" you asked again, trying to remain cool and collected but feeling the heat as your face begin to flush with embarrassment. Notice what—seriously!? And just how did you expect him to answer that? What was he supposed to say? I noticed the fact that you're not perfect? I noticed that you're insecure? I noticed that you care too much about how you look?

You felt ill but tried to keep focused on looking busy as you played with your hair, mentally preparing yourself for his truthful yet insensitive answer.

"Notice what?" he mimicked—you cringed. "Notice that gorgeous body you're keeping concealed beneath one of my t-shirts, that's what."

His comment was so not what you were expecting and caught you so off guard that all you could do was stare at him, fingers still in your hair.

"What?" You didn't even realize that you had said it until the word was out of your mouth.

"You know I can hardly keep my eyes off you enough as it is, you don't have to go and make it impossible," he replied.

"You're joking."

You inwardly kicked yourself for saying that, but it had slipped out before you could help it. Will had made that comment in his usual, carefree tone, so you couldn't tell wheather or not he actually had meant it or not. However, Will had never joked about something like this, especially with you. But if he wasn't joking...how could he have possibly meant what he had said?

Will's attention turned from the mirror to you as he slowly lowered the toothbrush he was about to shove into his mouth. His face went from a half-smile, to slight confusion, then concern, then back to the smirk.

"Oh." He set the now completely-unimportant toothbrush on the white porcelain sink as he slowly moved towards you, eyebrow cocked. "If only I were."

"You—you can't mean that," you stuttered, still trying to figure out if he was playing you.

Will stopped within a foot from your face, a slight frown creasing his forehead.

"Of course I mean that," he said, looking down at you.

You searched his eyes for any trace of a jest or twinkle of laughter, but you found none. Then you realized that he really was looking at you. His eyes shone, and you felt your face burning. You knew that you must be scarlet.

Will leaned forward, moving even closer to where you stood, and for a moment you though that he was going to kiss you. Suddenly, in an unexpected change of direction, he grasped your waist in his large, strong hands, lifted you up and set you down on the countertop so that you were at eye-level with him. Then he placed one of his arms on either side of you like barriers, hands palm-down on the counter.

He continued to look at you, green eyes glimmering as he stared into yours. He raised an eyebrow and smiled haughtily, obviously smug in his entrapment of you. Your fingers nervously grasped the edge of the counter and you looked down, unable to continue staring into his dominating, loving eyes. Then you felt him slowly lean forward as his face came closer to yours, his mouth by the side of your cheek.

"Looking at you makes me crazy." He whispered. You shivered and closed your eyes as the hot breath of those words caressed your ear. "I'm outta my mind for you, girl."

You closed your eyes and pressed into him, feeling the soft warmth of his lips as they came in contact with yours. You felt Will's jaw move as he deepened the kiss, sliding his hands from the counter until they were at your waist. You put your hands on his chest and slid them up and around his neck as he pulled you closer to him, kisses becoming more ravenous. Then he moved from your lips to your jawline, then down to your neck as you ran your fingers along his rough, gelled hair.

"I love you, Will," you whispered, smiling, losing yourself in the warmth of his firm chest and strong, muscular arms.

"I love you too," you heard his deep husky voice rumble, and he hugged you closer to him. "Every inch of you."