Chapter Seventeen ✦ My Lover is Strange

Colors {Stollace} ✦ Chapter Seventeen ✦ My Lover is Strange

  "They think I'm insane, they think my lover is strange, but I don't have to fucking tell them anything," Halsey ✦ Strange Love

  (A/N: Somewhat of a Valdangelo chapter)

  ✦ Leo ✦

When Leo's phone rang and it displayed Nico's contact information (including a picture of Nico making a funny face that Leo just so happened to get a picture of) Leo wasn't surprised, but then again he was very surprised. Nico was no stranger to calling him, but after Leo had just talked to Will about his crush on Nico, it was a tad bit odd that the Italian called him. Hopefully Will hadn't told him anything...

  He answered with a bubbly, "hello!"

  "Uh...hey, a-are you busy?" Nico asked hesitantly and nervously, causing Leo to grow worrisome.

  "Not at all, what's up?" Leo inquired, hearing Nico take a deep breath on the other line.  

  "I um...I just got done talking to Will..." he trailed off, his voice shaking. "And he told me something."

  "Yeah?" Leo asked, now nervous that Will had spilled his secret. "About what?"

  "About you..."

  "Oh yeah..." Leo's voice died. "I'm dating Jason," he said quickly, though it was a lie, and wanted to high five himself for the cover up. If Nico knew Leo liked him, it would risk their friendship and that was the last thing Leo wanted.

  "Oh," Nico replied in a small voice, seeming disheartened. "W-Well," Nico stuttered. "Will told me that you liked me and I called to say the feelings were mutual, but I guess they're not, so I'm gonna go," Nico said so quick, that Leo didn't understand half of what he was saying.

  "Say that again?"

  "Are you trying to kill me?" Nico whispered under his breath, before he sucked in a lot of air. "Will told me that you liked me," he said slower than the last time. "I called to tell you that the feelings were mutual. Obviously they're not, so I'm going to go."

  "I...wait, what?"

  "I'm not saying it again, Valdez. This is already embarrassing enough."

  "No, I...I got what you said, but...you like me?"

  "I'm gonna jump off of a bridge, why did I do this?"

  "I'm not dating Jason," Leo said. "I just said that because I thought Will told you I liked you and you didn't like me back."

  Nico was silent for a solid five minutes on the other line, before he burst into laughter.

  "I fucking hate you," Nico said between giggles. "You made me think-"

  "I know, I know..." Leo trailed off, a smile on his lips. "So, this isn't just some prank, right?"

  "Why would it be?" Nico asked, suddenly sounding confused and sad.

  "I don't know...maybe because it's happened before?"

  "Leo, you've known me for years, do I really seem like that much of a douchebag?"

  "I mean-"

  "Don't answer that question."

"So this is real? Not just like...a figment of my imagination?" Leo asked. Nico went silent on the other line.

"Is this just a figment of my imagination?" he whispered to himself, causing Leo to burst out into laughter, which made Nico laugh, and eventually, they both dissolved into giggles.

"I'll see you tomorrow at school," Leo said.

"Alright," Nico said, and Leo could practically hear the smile in his voice. "Bye."

✦ Connor ✦

  "Alright, listen here you little shit, Batman would obviously win," Travis argued, standing on the coffee table, so Connor stood up on top of the couch.

  "You're a fucking idiot," Connor dead-panned. "Batman is human. Superman is super-human. Hence the name, you dumbfuck."

  "Yeah, but Superman has a weakness."

  "Batman's human. That's his weakness!"

  "We're humans, douchedick-"

  Connor's phone buzzed on the coffee table, displaying Will's contact ID. Connor reached for it, but Travus hurriedly picked it up.

  "Don't you dare-" Connor started, but Travis answered the call anyway.

  "Hey, Will," Travis said. "It's Travis, and I want you to know that Connor wants you to fuck him in the ass with-"

  "Stop!" Connor cried, wanting to take his phone from his brother, but not wanting to hurt him.

  "A strap-on," Travis finished. Connor heard something on the other line, but couldn't find out what it was. "Why a strap-on? Oh shit, that's right, you're a dude. See, this is tradition. I usually do it with Connor's girlfriends, but I guess you'll suffice."

  "Please don't," Connor begged.

  "Connor also told me that he was into the really kinky stuff. Y'know, like blindfolds and bondage and dildos and some weird shit. He also has a Daddy kink-"

  "I do not!" Connor argued, his cheeks flushed from embarrassment. "I'm disowning you as a brother."

  "You would never," Travis said in a snarky tone.

  "Give me my phone back and I'll reconsider."

  "Hmm..."

  "Will you please give me my phone back?"

  "Sometimes I think I can do crystal meth, but then I think, hmm...better not," Travis imitated Fat Amy from Pitch Perfect. "Anyway, he also watches gay porn on the daily and-"

  "Travis, for fucking once, can you not screw this one up?" Connor begged, his tone desperate. "I want to be with Will for a long, long time and I don't think it's going to last very long if you continue telling him I like kinky shit."

  "Alright, that's fucking cute," Travis said, before saying bye to Will and handing Connor the phone.

  "So you have a Daddy kink?" Will asked, a smirk obvious in his tone.

  "No!" Connor yelled, his cheeks flushing again.

  "Come over," Will suddenly said and Connor looked at the three pizza boxes on the floor.

  "I'm eating pizza."  

  "My parents aren't home," Will said in a sing-song, teasing voice.

  "I'm eating pizza, did you even hear me?"

  "Fine, I guess I'll just watch Alexander the Great without you."

  "That's not even fair - that's my copy!"

  "And I'll continue my high school Alexander and Hephaestion fan fiction without you."

  "I'm on my way," Connor said, grabbing a full box of pizza and his keys, before waving goodbye to Travis.

  "Tell dad I said he sucks ass!" Connor yelled.

  "Will do!" Travis called back. "And do Will!"

  "Bye fuckface!"

  "Adios douchedick!"