Chapter 8 - Ice Cream Challenge

Start from the beginning

“Wow. We slept like four hours.” I said shocked.

“Yes we did, you needed it. Oh, and we’re going for ice cream.”

“Oh, that will be awesome! I call an ice cream challenge!” I said, a little overtaken by enthusiasm and Jacob smiled widely at me.

“No prob, Angel, I’ll tell your mom while you get ready.” He kissed my lips, leaving me breathless, and got out of the room. 

Angel. He called me Angel. That was the cutest nick name he’d ever given me. Ev, Eve, Evelyn, Evelynnie, and now there was Angel. It was so romantic. Oh my goodness, Evelyn you’re a lovesick fool. I told myself and sighed then grinned widely like the fool I was.

I went to my closet and put on some navy blue shorts, a white flowy lace top, and a grey cardigan with flip flops. I’d bought these clothes at Abercrombie and I had waited a long time to wear them, saving it for a nice day with friends, in this case it was with my... boyfriend? Making it even more special. Thinking about Jacob as my boyfriend was both amazing and strange. We’d been best friends with developing feelings that we both tried to hide for the longest time but now we were showing each other how we felt by being best friends and a couple too. I loved it. The feelings with Jake were amazing.

 I had never been in actual love before but I had had my previous short relationships and what I thought I had with Travis was just a wild crush with someone I had no chemistry with. He only had good looks. He was a jerk and I was stupid to ever go out with him. I thought I had loved him, only feeling lust though, and had been hurt so badly by him cheating on me. I didn’t care anymore. I was dumb to cry over him and let his deceit have such and effect on me. Jacob had been there all along for me and I had always loved him and now I wasn’t hiding it anymore. I chuckled at myself for ever letting that thing with Travis that I don’t even call a relationship get to me so badly. 

I picked up the brush from my vanity and passed it through my hair to untangle the sleep nots I had developed from my nap and brushed my teeth, worried I’d have bad breath from sleeping. I had added to make-up but a clear gloss to my lips and touched my necklace with my fingers before leaving my room, wanting to get out of its loneliness.

I walked into the living room, seeing Jacob and my mother talking about the movie that was on. Jacob must have heard my footsteps since he turned to look at me. A smile came onto his face and he stared at me for a second. I guessed I looked good in my outfit. I giggled at how my mom shook her head with an amusing smile on her face, she had noticed how dumbfounded he looked. Honestly speaking, I was wearing really casual clothes so I didn’t notice the big deal. 

“Hi Jake.” I said, determined to get some ice cream.

“Uh, hi Ev.” He looked down and then back up. My mom was extremely amused by his expression and since no one decided to move she spoke.

“Come on guys, ice cream stores aren’t open all night. You can stare at each other when you get there.” I blushed insanely and Jacob snapped out of his trance, my mother laughing at us both. I shot her a playful glare and she stopped laughing still chuckling every now and then as we walked to the door. 

Jacob opened it for both of us and we walked out into the twilight.

I looked back at my mom.

“I’ll be back soon.” I tell her.

“I’m counting on it.” She smiled and went inside. We went inside the car and drove to Maggie Moo’s Ice Cream. It was a little far from my house but Jacob and I just loved Maggie Moo’s so we drove to it all the time even if there were a few other ice cream shops around, because it was the best!