Chapter 22: The interviews

Start from the beginning

Maddie and I kept dancing and tried to ignore the fight.

"You're right, I'm sorry." Christy said exiting the room. She probably just didn't want to get her daughter kicked out this week.

Abby looked to Sarah who had tears in her eyes. "Sarah you better save those tears for your pillow if you want to stay here!" Abby shouted to Sarah.

Sarah tried to blink the tears away but I could tell she was having a hard time.

"It's okay Sarah." I whispered to her when Abby wasn't paying attention.

She gave a me a small smile and we continued dancing.

We worked through the routine quite a few more times until Abby finally announced, "Good work today girls. We will finish with the choreography tomorrow. Maddie we're gonna work on your solo first. Everyone else go hang out." Abby instructed.

Sarah, Mackenzie, and I went into the tumble track room to hang out. Mackenzie and Sarah had a very good relationship because they used to dance on the same team at the ALDC. Well before Mackenzie was actually a real member of the ALDC elite competition team.

"Who wants to play stick it?" Mackenzie asked jumping onto the trampoline.

Stick it was a game the girls had invented. You had to do a trick on the trampoline, land it and without falling for three seconds. The leader of the game gets to pick the trick. Once everyone does the trick the leader picks a new trick. If they get out, the next person in line is now the leader.

"Sure!" I said getting on the trampoline with Mackenzie.

"Yay I love this game!" Sarah said also getting on the trampoline.

"Okay I'll go first, I'm doing a front tuck." Mackenzie bounced up and down the trampoline then did a front tuck.

"3, 2, 1." Sarah and I counted down but Mackenzie didn't fall after she landed it.

"Okay you made it." I said getting ready to do the front tuck. Bounce, Bounce, Front tuck.

"3, 2, 1." Sarah and Mackenzie chanted but I didn't fall.

Sarah did her front tuck. No falling.

We continued to play the game and eventually Sarah got out first then Mackenzie got out. Which meant that I had won the game.

We played the game a few more times and Mackenzie won a few, I won a few, and Sarah won once.

Eventually it was time for my solo. While the other girls had a Tap lesson.

I danced for a little while and we finished the choreography of the dance. The rest of the week I was just simply going to be cleaning it up. Making it perfect!

"Very nice Katie. You're going to be one of my star dancers here at the ALDC in no time." Abby told me.

"Wow, thank you so much!" I said blushing.

"Don't get cocky now." Abby joked.

I laughed. "I won't."