Hotels and new smells

Chapter 8

------------

We sat in the limo holding each other's hands to try and calm our nerves; Beth was trembling. I was staring out the tinted windows. We came to a sudden stop. My whole body shook. The door opened, Tony, the Chauffeur, stood in front of me. "Come on little lady, you have arrived. At your destination" He said, trying to keep a straight face. I giggled a little and walked inside.

Beth was stood in the doorway, and I thought she was just making it awkward for me to get in, until I looked around. I was gobsmacked and so was Beth. Everything was designed with grandeur in mind. It was minimalistic yet sophisticated: monochrome yet colourful. As an aspiring interior designer, it was heaven. Even Beth, who dreamed of being a barrister, was in awe of the simplistic ornateness of the hotel.

We walked up to the glossy white desk, where the receptionist was quick to hand us our key. As we stepped in the lift, we pressed the button with our floor on it, 27. It was at this moment that we realised it was the top floor: the penthouse. We stepped out of the lift and unlocked our door. I was in shock once again. The colour scheme was off white with grey couches and hints of red as an accent colour. I was in awe. This was my ideal apartment. I was so overwhelmed. "Come on Miss Up-In- The-Clouds!" exclaimed Beth.

We briefly looked around. I called dibs on one room that had bi-folding doors, that opened up to a balcony looking over the beautiful London skyline.

Beth's room was bigger than mine and it also had a balcony, but hers overlooked the River Thames. I soon realised that we only had 1 hour to get ready for the X Factor. So I ran to my suitcase, unpacked everything into the huge walk-in wardrobe and chose a cream and black dress that had a lace top, 3/4 length sleeves, a Peter Pan collar and a small underskirt. I put my hair into a bun and put on a pair of cream and black flats. I put on my silver anklet, a gift from my mother before she died, put on some natural make up, with soft pink lips and cheeks, and made my way into the main living area. Beth looked gorgeous. She was wearing a cream dress with a black Peter Pan collar, a black ribbon with a bow on it round the middle, a black blazer and black suede wedges with bow fastenings. She had curled her hair and she looked absolutely beautiful. She had done her make up so that it looked super professional. She always did. I picked up my small black clutch bag, and Beth did the same, and we headed out of the door.

I had a small dot of mascara under my eye and as Beth went to remove it for me, I noticed her hands smelt really lemon-y. "What have you got on your hands?"

"There's free soap in the en-suites and I'm getting my use out of it!"

We giggled and stepped out into the chilly London air. I knew that at that moment in time, I was in heaven, bliss, paradise.

................................................................

Hi guys! this is sort of like a filler chapter and sort of not.

I have made a polyvore of what Beth and Melissa are wearing. The links are below. Please comment if you like this/dislike this.

Comment

Vote

Share

Enjoy!

- Holly :)

Beth's outfit http://t.co/d9OCaVeIMx http://t.co/7llwUmBtHN

Melissa's outfit http://t.co/5AWKvnqMLk http://t.co/5aEeQWxpTa