Butterflies and Eye-Spies

Chapter 6

-----------

Marcus' hand wrapped around the silver handle and pushed down. The door opened and I was dragged into a huge hug. I opened my eyes and saw Nicholas hugging me. I had a huge grin on my face. I hugged him back briefly and then we pulled away. I turned to my right, where Beth was smiling like an idiot whilst being hugged by Sam Callahan. I started to giggle, before Tamara, Kingsland Road and the other contestants pulled me into a huge group hug. Everyone was there except for the one person I was looking for, Luke Friend. As the group let me go, I began to search the room with my eyes. And then I saw him, looking at me guitar in hand. As soon as he noticed me looking at him, he turned away. I was so upset. I had come in hope that I would get to meet Luke Friend and now that I had travelled all this way, he was completely ignoring me. I couldn't think about it for too long though. Nicky came over and started talking to me and I continued the conversation. He was extremely nice and he was a great person to be around. If I didn't know any better, I would think I was beginning to get feelings for him. But that couldn't be true, not when I had idolised Luke for months. Not when Luke gave me butterflies every time he sang, smiled and talked. However at this moment in time, my stomach wasn't filled with butterflies because of him. They were filled with butterflies because of Nicky.

Luke's POV

--------------

The door opened and I saw a beautiful girl stood there. She had straight light brown hair that fell just past her shoulders. She had minimal make up on and her blue-green eyes twinkled in the light and she wasn't dressed to impress anyone. Her friend was quite pretty, but she was too well dressed and her make up, although pretty, was too over-thought for me. She would suit Sam perfectly, they both dressed to impress. Everyone stood up to give her a hug but I was too late to go so I sat at the back of the room, strumming quietly on my guitar. When everyone let her go, she started looking around the room, as though she was searching for someone, when she looked at me. I felt embarrassed, she must have seen me looking at her, so I immediately broke eye contact and looked away. I noticed Nicky walk over to her, a glint in his eye and a bounce in his step. They started chatting, but chatting soon turned into flirting, and at that moment I realised that Nicky liked her and she liked Nicky and once again, I had been too late to get the girl.

................................................................

Hiya everyone!

Did you see that coming? Thank you all for reading this, it really means the absolute world. My friend, Beth, is also writing a fanfic about Sam Callahan so please check that out. It's called Who To Choose: Sam Callahan. Also follow her- her name is bethsmith27. There is a Nicky, Beth and Sam POV in the next chapter!!- Holly :)