Chapter 8- The Bears

I'm so sorry it's been a while, here you go tho. :) -A/N

It's been two days sence my injury. Willow, Josh, Miller, Nikkie, and Perice went on a run without me. They ran into this group and they call them selves the Bears. That's all I have heard, but I know there is more.

I sit on a bench around the big tree and my brother is supposed to meet me here. Jack called for another Tree meeting. People start to fill in the empty benches and Willow comes hopping over to me. "Hey girl!" She says happily and sits next to me. "Hello."

My brother sits down next to me, "There you are, you look like you just got hit by a truck." I say and fix my brothers sloppy hair. "Ha, yeah I know. I stayed up all night." My brother says and turns his head. I see the bags under his eyes.

Jack steps up on the stand and looks at all of us before, people start to 'shhhh'.
"Okay, now, everyone knows that resently one of our people got an injury on a run," Jack motions his hand over to me. I wave a little at anyone who is looking. "And we are dealing with there group now, we thought he killed there leader, but, Kramp is back."

Muffle's go around the tree and Jack holds up his hand to get people's attention. This is just like every other speach. "He is out for us now, they call them selves the Bears. They have weapons, and lethal ones too-" gasps go around the tree.

"We have what we need right now, we should be safe. They don't know where we are, what we have, and that we have people ready, when ever the kill time comes." Jack says and people nod at what he is saying.

This has to be all lies, there camp isn't far from ours. I have heard of the Bears before I was brought here. People- many people, have died from there doing. They set fires for fun and dance around them. The Bears hunt the dead for fun, they also, have been known to hunt people.

No one messes with them because they now they will loose. I know no one is safe, but, they don't. They were called the new government before the virus hit. And when it hit, it hit hard.

This is a gruesome group and there not afraid to fight back either. We are most likely already on there kill list and that's not a good thing. But, does Jack really know about this group? Does he really know what they could do?

Jack holds up his hand to silence people around the tree. "Okay, that's all, but, stay on your feet. Be ready... for anything." He says strongly and I get a shiver from those words. I think we are shit out a luck.

But, he is right, I'm sure half of these people don't know how to fight. I have also learned that most of them were here sence the beginning. That's kind of a red flag, so, I guess most of the people here are weak. But, they can learn, anyone can learn. It all depends one if you can do.

We keep going on runs and my ingury doesn't help anything either. People have already started to get up and exit. I'm left sitting down next to Hannah and my brother. Hannah nudges me with her shoulder and I put my attention on her. "Are you okay?" She asks and I nod.

"Uh, yeah a little sore." I rub my thigh and cringe a little as my hand brushs against my wound. "Mhm," She shakes her head at me. "Well, I want you to stay with me tonight. I'm always worried about you." She says and helps me up. I feel like an old lady with a damn cane.

"Plus, I want a hair cut." She whispers in my ear and I look at her funny. Her hair is in the middle of her back but, not nearly as long as mine. "Okay, what makes you think I'm a hair stylest?" I ask her standing up but, leaning one side of my body wait in the cane.

"Well, if I did it, it would be terrible. You can see the back of my head, I can't." She answers my question. She helps me over to her mansion and I walk in. I know I spent the night here when I got my injury and ruined the sheets they had on her bed but, that was to be expected.