Chapter 2 - Bunny

I look through the rack of clothes. There all the colors of the rainbow. I find my favorite color, it's spring outside. So I picked up a quater sleeve flannel. It's an red, yellow, and orange but, the colors are faded. I hind in a corner and put it on, I already have on old skinny jeans that feel like leggings. As I'm walking back to were my brother is sleeping, I step on glass. I hear it crunch beneath my sneakers.

I just circle around it. I have my knife on my belt just incase there is a biter that went unkilled. I sit back down and pull out my knife. On the handle it has a bear claw. This isn't the only weapon I have. Look if your going to be killing things left and right you might as well have a stash of nice weapons.

I hear something move in the back around of my thoughts. I turn around and hold my knife getting ready to kill whatever it is lurking in the shadows. It moves again. "Come out." I say kind of quiet. It moves again and then a figure apears in front of me. A woman figure. She has blonde hair and hazel eyes. She is holding up her hands. "Don't hurt me. Please." She asks. I don't like killing people but it really depends on if there bad or good, duh. But you never now for sure. Never.

I put my knife down slowly. She shows me something on her arm. It's a scratch, I would say it is about 1 and a 1/2 inches long. I grab a shirt beside us and rip it, I put it on her wound. Hopefully it won't bleed to much. "Come on, and just to warn you I have a brother." I say and start walking towards our little camp in the shop.

We get there and I notice my brother sitting on the floor eating something. He looks up and states at the girl. "Who's that?" He says sternly. I look towards to women not knowing her name. "Hannah." Is all she answers. "She was cut and I wanted to help her." I say and he nods, walking over to her. He looks at the scratch. "Will it need stiches?" Hannah asks quietly. "Yeah, I can find a sewing kit somewhere in here. Just to let you know I was a nurse before this happend." He tells her. I sit down and watch him look for a sewing kit.

I try and get some of the blood out from my finger nails. "So," I saw
"What's your info?"

"Well, I come from the northern part and I had my mom with me. I ended up having to kill her because, she went crazy. She even tried to kill me. I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't right." Is all she tells me. The Congress set the Untied States up in four sections and that was also one of our punishments. They all had different rulers and it was broken up because of a war. We tried fighting against them once again but, put us in our place. They separated families and took my great-great grandmother back in 2073, she was sent to the Eastern side. She fell in love and had children, of course one of them would be my great grandfather. The cicle went on until it got down to me and my brother.

My brother comes back with a needle and a long thread. He sits down beside her and grabs her arm. "This will hurt, sis can you make sure she stays still." I go over to her and put my hand on her other arm. " Just look at me ok?" I tell her and he starts to sew it. She cringes and breathes in and out of her mouth trying to stay calm. The last thing we need is any biters coming around here.

My brother is half way finished and she is crying. He sticks the needle in again and then ties a knot. I grab what's left of the shirt I used to cover her wound up the first time. I tie it around her arm. I knew I didn't need to ask how it happened. Whatever did happen to make her get cut is her bisusness.

"I'm going back to sleep." My brother says laying back down on the sleeping bag. I don't know how long we will stay here but, with Hannah maybe we will find another safe place. A place that has tall walls and a place that don't have crazy people, well, every where we go there will be crazy people.

Hannah breaks my train of thought, "Can I sleep also?" She asks and I nod, letting her take my sleeping bag. I stand and go wondering again. I hate not being able to sleep and there was no way in hell I was letting Hannah take watch.