Chapter 1 - The Beginning

-FLASH BACK-

"Liv! Get down here now!" I hear mom yell from downstairs. I take off my head phones and go down the steps, only to see chaos on the TV. "What is happening?" My brother asks looking at the TV also. A man pops up on the screen. "Get some where safe! And if you come in contact with one of these monsters hit them in the head!" He yells just as a ugly monster comes up behind him and bites his neck, blood shoots everywhere. I put a hand through my hair. "Get the gun." Is all my mom says as the TV goes black. I turn my attention to her. "Get the gun." She says more stern. My brother gets up and runs upstairs. "T-the monsters,
a-are they coming, here?" I say shaking. I look down at my hands as goosebumps apear on my arms. Mom comes over to me. "Honey your 19 now act your age. I know this is scary but we can get through this. Go upstairs and find your brother, head to the attic and wait for me." My mother says. She goes off and I go upstairs.

I run into my brother he has a gun in his hand and a bag. "Mom said go into the attic and wait for her she is getting stuff." I say to him calming myself down. I really don't now how to react to this. "But Cara, I need to go get Cara." My brother tells me. "No, what's important right now is getting in a safe spott." I tell him and he nods. He goes over to the attic door on the roof and pulls the string down. "Come on." Is all he says to me and I climb up the ladder. He comes up after me. I stand up as I reach the top. My brother ducks his head as he stands up. He closes the attic door but leaves a book wedged between the opening. I go over to the little round window and look out, there are people running around and some houses on fire. I put a hand over my mouth trying to stop any sobs that would come out. We need to get out of the city. The Congress could be coming by and in vading or more of those monsters they set out to kill us. "Let me in!" Mom yells and my brother opens the attic door for her, she climbs up after throwing a bag up here. She has another bag in her hand. We hear a crash downstairs like a window breaking. I start to shake with fear. One of those monsters could be getting in our house. My brother puts put the attic door quickly and makes sure he holds the string and sets it on the floor.

My mother pulls out a radio and the other bag has food in it. I look over beside me to see a creat with some can foods in it. My mom throws my stuff animal at me and I catch it. Aww, she remembered him for me. I hug the bear. His soft pink fur almost hugging me back. I catch my brothers gaze and follow it to the little round window I saw looking out of. Worry fills his eyes, he is worried about his girlfriend. I have always been jealous of her, she is so beautiful. I don't know how she could like my brother, my brother has brown curly hair with brown eyes. Very average looking. He looks like Ansel Algort from a movie I watched a while ago.

What was it called? Star something, or the- oh! The Fault in our Stars! Ugh, beautiful book. Really sad tho, but hey, she was happy with their little forever in the end.

My mom takes more stuff out of the bag. Matches, a couple candles, a knife, and some other stuff. I couldn't believe all of this was happening so soon with out any warning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still remember that day like it was nothing. That was at least 3 years ago. My brother is still with me, but I don't know where my mother is. I lost her when we go house invaded by the monsters I now call biters. They still roam every where. My brother and I have killed tons of them. I also remember my first kill like it was nothing. I remember wrestling it for a while then I graded the poll beside me and stabbed it right through its head. My brother had to teach me to get over it and learn to deal with blood on your hands. Don't get me wrong we have had to kill a couple humans before.

It was a couple and they were roaming the streets, we ran into them and they pulled guns on us. The woman called me heartless and I still here her voice search through my head every time I get near a person. I can't love any more. I know that, my mother could be dead and anything could happen to my brother. It's literally life or death out here.

I snap out of my train of thought. My brother found a clothes shop and we have been staying here for about a week. It's nice to be able to move from place to place sometimes, but it's also nice to stay in one place and relax before you have to leave. I stand up and go farther into the building. My brother is sleeping and I'm supposed to be taking watch. I'm just bored and need to find something else to wear. That's the best thing about being stuck in a shop. You can pick out what ever you want and in an apocalypse you can take as much as you want. I have to saw you don't feel like a criminal after a while. There is no one to stop you. No police, no army, no parents, and no life. There may be life and things that live but, in reality were all dead.

:
:
: I know that's a short begining, but please bare with me. It will get better. ♡♡♡ thanks for reading so far, you should SHARE my books PLEASE.

:
It would be amazing if you voted on my book also ♡♡♡