t h e e n d

"when I was a child, I heard voices. some would sing and some would scream. you soon find you have few choices. i learned the voices died with
me."
(not edited)
-----------

Dear Orion,
I was never good with words. And right now it seems all of the English language is out of my grasp. Orion, I would just like to thank you. You and our adventures have made these past few months colorful. And in a world filled with grays you were all I could ever ask for. Don't blame yourself for my demise. You couldn't save me, I had to do that myself.
I love you.
-Nyx Nightly/ your fellow adventurer/ Kitten

Found on the seat of Orion's motorcycle between the paws of a bright pink bear with red hearts.

Read this when you're ready. And don't ever forget how much I love you. I hope you'll be able to forgive me one day.

Found with a black journal on Leo's bed, next to an envelope stuffed with cash.

Don't forget the ritual! Maybe you can find someone else to share these with? I know you'll take care of Leo for me, I love you.
-Your Best Friend

Found in Jasper's freezer attached to a box of red & blue popsicles.

Starry Nights was my saving grace for a long time. And you were apart of that little slice of heaven Olivia.
-Love, The Best Barista the Cafe has ever Employed

Found with a recreation of the famous painting, The Starry Night, where the shapes of two girls are seen in the sky.

○○○

November 29th, 2014
Officer Thomas Rogers (Badge #2290)
Oregon, near Lincoln City
At approximately 12:12 a.m. I responded to a call on Highway 101. A middle aged man, John Edgar, reported seeing an old truck (license plate number: LHG-437) driving southbound at high speeds. He then told the dispatcher that the truck crashed into an metal railing and went sailing over the edge of a cliff. Upon arriving at the scene I taped off the area. At 12:45 a.m. an ambulance arrived at the crash site along with a crew to retrieve the body and wreckage. The body found is believed to belong to a 17 year old female by the name of Nyx Nightly. Contact with the parents has proved to be unsuccessful. Her 12 year old brother has already been informed and taken into custody. Letters left by the victim have ruled out foul play.

Thomas took a long drag of his cigarette. The blue, red, and white lights were blinding. But after 10 years of working in the field he was used to it. Traffic was piling up and intrigued faces peered out of car windows, trying to catch a glance of the wreckage. Two EMT's were off to the side prepping for the victim, even though they knew it was pointless. The drop was long and the truck was so twisted it looked like a ball of junk metal, he watched as it was slowly dragged upwards.

The windows were shattered and a dark substance stained pieces of glass. Two people gently removed a body from the front seat, before he could look away he caught a glimpse of the lifeless form. Patches of pale skin were seen underneath layers of blood and dark hair hung over her face.

Fat tears ran down his cheeks. He grabbed the printed picture of the young girl from his seat and wrote the date in neat letters on the back. With shaking hands he tucked the picture into his wallet. Dying out his cigarette and wiping his tears he started his engine.

He would remember her, just like he did with all the others before her.

---------

A/N
well this is it folks! thanks for reading until the end. even though this story didn't quite turn out how I wanted it to, it's the first one I've finished. i should be starting a new story soon.
d.c.
8/15/16