16: So Carter

River's P.O.V.

I don't know how it happened. One day I was completely content with being alone, not getting to close to anyone. I barely even talk to my parents. I don't do friends, or I didn't. I sure as hell never planned to fall in love. Especially with a guy. Especially with Carter.

I'd seem him. I'd noticed him. No one else did, but I did. He was content on being invisible, and the fact he risked his invisibility to stand up for me sent something through me. After that day in the cafeteria, I knew I was screwed. Never in my live had anyone cared enough to do something like that. I was just the sexy guy in a leather jacket, and he was a nobody.

This wasn't supposed to happen. I don't know why I kissed him. I don't know why I showed him my scars. I don't know why I slept with him, but laying here next to his sleeping body, nothing had ever felt more right, more perfect.

Blair always said that real love is the love that shouldn't be. I never understood that. I never payed much attention, for I was always focused on her health. I shouldn't love Carter, but I do. So now I understand. The fact that there are so many reasons as to why I shouldn't, only makes it more so. I love him more despite of all the reasons not to. That's real love.

The small boy lays there, his light brown curls resting against the dark blue pillow, lips parted slightly, eyelashes brushing against his pale skin. There has never been something so beautiful. I lean over, brushing my lips across his jaw and over to his lips. He smiles against my mouth before he kisses me back. His fingers come up, brushing against my neck as he moves closer to me, our bare chests pushed together. My fingers thread through his hair as my tongue intertwines with his. I take dominance, flipping us so I'm over top of him as I place his hands above his head. A lustful whimper escapes his lips. I pull away, knowing if I don't, I won't at all.

We both pant for air, and he smiles at me. He has such a gorgeous smile, and his bright green blue eyes are absolutely breath-taking.

"We have school." I tell him, pecking his lips once more before pulling off him. A groan escapes his lips as he throws a pillow over his face. I chuckle.

"Can we just stay here and eat TV dinners all day? With sporks? Ohhh and peanut butter!" I roll my eyes and shake my head, a smirk growing on my face.

"Nope. You've missed to many days already."

"What are you? My dad?"

"No, but you can always call me daddy."

"Oh dear god. What have I gotten myself into?" I laugh and throw some of my clothes at him. He goes to sit up, and then winces as he grabs at his lower back. "Holy Jesus and Andy Beirsack. What the fuck did you do to me?" I stifle a laugh as I watch him try and work out his back, moaning and groaning as he does so. I pull on my jeans and a dark grey T-shirt followed by my boots and leather jacket. Carter finally gets his ass up and begins to get ready as well. I'm combing my hair back when he finishes lacing up his sneakers.

Can I just say, he looks sexy as hell in my clothes. He's wearing a midnight blue button up along with a pair of washed out ripped jeans that are a bit to big for him. I just want to reach out and....

I suffice with a quick kiss before I grab his hand an walk him out, opening the car door for him like the gentlemen I am, and giving his butt a little slap like the pervert I am. I can't help it. He just looks really good in my clothes.

The drive to school consists of him singing alone to songs I can't even understand the words to over the screaming, but I can hear him, and he has the smoothest voice my ears have ever been exposed to. It's like silk. Like his hair. Like his skin. He's just soft. All of him is coated with a think layer of pure honey. So sweet. So soft. So smooth. So... Carter.

My train of thought crashes when we walk into the school building and all eyes are on us.

And in the center of the crowd is none other than Holly and Jakob.

Well this should be fun.

______
Well, well, well. Seems that I have caught some inspiration. Hopefully I can keep it. Anyway! Guess what! River and Carter aren't the only ones who have found themselves in an unlikely love, because I am currently in a very happy relationship that has been pending since SECOND GRADE!!! In his mother'a words: "it's about damn time." Haha, anyway. I hope you enjoyed River's point of veiw. Ima go take some pills because my back is KILLING ME!!