Chapter Forty-Six: Getting Closure

Gabriella took a deep breath as she took a seat, she had no idea what had made her come to this place but she had been surprised when the visitation order had arrived at the apartment addressed to her. 

She had no idea why Georgina would want to see her but she had a feeling that this was something that had been encouraged by the woman's therapist. 

From what Gabriella knew, Georgina had spent the last few months in rehab and was now living in this centre that would help her rebuild her life after what had happened to her.

Gabriella wasn't sure what Georgina hoped to achieve from this meeting, the two barely knew one another and the brunette had seen the letters that Joe tried to hide from her that Georgina sent him. 

Joe refused to read any of the letters that arrived and burned most of them, he wanted nothing to do with his ex-girlfriend and he was focusing on his life with Gabriella and Elena. 

Things were going well for them and Gabriella found herself enjoying her second pregnancy; she was sixteen weeks now and she was looking forward to welcoming another baby into the world. 

Gabriella didn't have to wait long before Georgina appeared, the other woman looked better than she had the last time that Gabriella had seen her and she guessed that was a good thing. 

The time in rehab had been good for Georgina and she stared at Gabriella almost surprised to see the woman; she had thought that she would ignore her requests like Joe had. 

Not that Georgina blamed him but she would have liked to be able to apologise to his face, she felt terrible for the way that she had treated him. 

The two were silent when they were finally sat face to face, neither of them really knowing what to say after everything that had happened between them.

"Thank you for coming," Georgina said softly, she knew that Gabriella owed her nothing but she was thankful that Gabriella had come here; she had seen pictures of Joe with her and their baby and she was happy for them. 

It had made Georgina jealous and she knew that she had no right to be, she and Joe weren't together anymore; they had both moved on with their lives for the better. 

Gabriella nodded her head, she was a little unsure what to make of Georgina; the last time that she had seen the woman was the night that Georgina had tried to stab her at a charity event. 

"I know I am probably the last person that you wish to speak to," Georgina continued looking down at her hands, she knew that she had caused Gabriella a lot of trouble; she had gone out of her way to ruin the other woman's life out of anger and jealousy. 

Thinking back, Georgina had no idea what had made her take that road and she had done some pretty terrible things that she completely regretted now. 

Silence fell over them again and Georgina tried to think about what she had wanted to say next, she had many things that she wished to say and they all seemed to be as important as the next. 

"I am so sorry for what I did," Georgina started knowing that it was never Gabriella that she should have been mad at, she should have focused her attention on Joe when he had cheated on her. 

Gabriella hadn't known that Joe was seeing someone when they had slept together and conceived their daughter; yet she was the one that had suffered the most for it. 

Georgina wasn't a saint herself and if she ever got to speak to Joe then she would apologise to him as well; the drugs and alcohol had nearly destroyed her life and she knew that it would never be something that she could forgive herself for.

"Lying to the press... attempting to ruin your career... trying to stab you..." Georgina said shaking her head, she had done some horrible things and she wished that there was just some way that she could make this right. 

Her actions had been out of line and she hated that she had fallen so far down that rabbit hole; talking with her therapist had helped a lot and she was rebuilding her life now. 

Gabriella nodded her head, so much had happened between them and she knew that it couldn't have helped Georgina's situation; she had never thought this was how everything would work out. 

"I'm sorry for what happened between me and Joe," Gabriella said knowing that even after what had happened, Georgina had still been Joe's fiancée when Gabriella had fallen pregnant with Elena. 

It was something that she felt like she needed to apologise for and Gabriella knew that it was part of the reason that she had agreed to come; she felt like she had in some way caused everything that had happened to Georgina. 

In no way did she regret having Elena but Gabriella knew that Georgina's life would have been different if Joe had never cheated on her. 

"We weren't right for one another, truthfully I was only with him because that was what my father wanted," Georgina admitted with a shake of her head, she wanted nothing to do with her father and she was almost relieved that he had disowned her after everything that had happened. 

There were no regrets on her end and she was just glad that everything was okay now, she would have never given Joe the ending that he wanted and she would have died if it weren't for Gabriella.

***

Stepping into the apartment, Gabriella sighed knowing that today had been interesting and she finally felt like she had gotten closure where Georgina was concerned; she felt like she could focus on the future now. 

Gabriella didn't regret how things had worked out for her and Joe, only the beginning that they'd had; she had been in Georgina's shoes and she knew how much that hurt. 

Shaking her head, Gabriella tried to forget about the talk that she'd had with Georgina and focus on her family; she doubted that she would ever see the blonde again. 

Joe was sat in the kitchen trying to feed Elena her dinner, he looked up surprised to see Gabriella back; he hadn't approved of her plan and he had hoped to leave Georgina in the past. 

Joe wanted very little to do with his ex and he hadn't thought that he would ever have to deal with her again; she wasn't his problem and he wanted to focus on them. 

They were going to get married in 2018 when things had settled down for them, they had even slowly started to plan things out now because things would be busy with two children. 

"Did you get what you were looking for?" Joe asked stiffly, he didn't want to fight with Gabriella over this and he just hoped that he wouldn't have to deal with Georgina. 

There was nothing that she could say that would fix the past and Joe knew that it was better that he didn't see her again; he didn't know what he would ever say to her if they did meet again. 

Gabriella nodded her head, she wrapped her arms around Joe and cuddled into his side; she was just glad that this was over and they could start focusing on them. 

Elena looked at her parents and tilted her head, her brown eyes watching them closely as she pouted; she watched as her father kissed the top of her mother's head. 

"Dada," Elena babbled holding up her hands and smiling at Joe, she wiggled her fingers wanting to be picked up while her parents stared at her surprised. 

They certainly hadn't been expecting Elena to say her first word on a day like today.