Chapter Seventeen: Not Interested

Gabriella sighed brushing some hair from her face, she padded around her living room and she was a little glad to be back in her apartment; she had loved spending the holidays with her parents but it was so good to be home.

Things had been good since Joe had asked her to be his girlfriend and Gabriella was a little worried what would happen when the news broke that she was now dating Joe. 

There was no denying that a lot of people weren't going to be happy with the situation and Gabriella was worried about the back-lash that it would cause after what had happened with Georgina. 

Gabriella took a deep breath, she was going to have to get used to being hated for things that were out of her control; she didn't like it and she never would but she had other things to focus on right now. 

Resting a hand on her bump, Gabriella couldn't help but smile knowing that they were so close to her due-date now and she really hoped that Joe would be there when their daughter was born. 

The couple had no real idea when Elena would arrive but they did know that there was a large chance that she would come when Joe had a match; the season was so busy right now and they were praying that it would work out for them. 

Walking into the bedroom that had been changed into Elena's nursery, it still surprised Gabriella how much work that Joe had put into making the room perfect for their daughter and she would be sleeping in it before they knew it.

The hospital bag was already packed and was waiting next to the front door so that they wouldn't forget it on the way out; Gabriella had even caught Joe doing test runs to get ready for the moment that her water broke. 

Resting her hands on the crib, Gabriella looked around the room and she wanted nothing more for things to finally turn around for them; she didn't want any more drama ruining their lives.

***

"What the hell are you doing here?" Joe hissed stepping out of the locker room, his eyes had no problem spotting Georgina and he had no idea what she wanted; he had made it clear that he wasn't interested in her anymore. 

Things were finally going well for him and Gabriella and there was no way in hell that Joe was going to mess things up; he looked around knowing that someone had to have let her in. 

"I've been trying to call you," Georgina murmured smiling at little at Joe, she hated that he was ignoring her calls and she wanted nothing more than for them to work this out. 

The talk with her father had scared her and Georgina knew that if she couldn't get back together with Joe then she was screwed; her father used her connection with Joe to do a lot of business and that wasn't happening right now. 

"I blocked your number," Joe replied watching her, he didn't know what she wanted but there was no way in hell that he was going to take her back after hearing what he had about her. 

Joe had moved on with his life, he had a new girlfriend and had a baby due in the next couple of weeks; he wanted nothing more than to focus on them right now. 

"I am so sorry for what I did," Georgina said stepping closer to Joe, she wanted him back and if she had to grovel then she was going to do it; she had dropped all her other men just so she could get him back. 

Vincent Kompany paused as he stepped out of the locker room, he really hoped that he had made the right decision by letting Georgina on to the training ground; he didn't trust Gabriella and he was sure Joe would be happier with Georgina again. 

No one liked the fact that Joe was spending so much time with the gold-digger and at least with Georgina they knew what to expect from her since she came from a rich family.

"You lied to the papers about what happened between me and Gabby," Joe snapped wanting to make this as clear as he could to Georgina, he wasn't going to reveal his new relationship since he knew that Georgina would use that against him. 

It didn't even bother Joe that his team-mates were all listening, he didn't care and the sooner they all realised that he wasn't going to be getting back together with Georgina the better. 

"You endangered my unborn child," Joe spat disgusted, he hated how Gabriella had suffered when she was pregnant and she had been tried like dirt since Georgina had sold her story about what had happened. 

It scared Joe the damage that could have been done if he hadn't of stepped in, he could have lost Elena before he'd even had the chance to be a father to her; he had no idea what he would ever do if that happened. 

"You cheated on me repeatedly for the five years we were together," Joe ranted glaring at the guilty looking Georgina, he would never forgive her for making a complete fool at him and this was why he knew that she had only come back for one reason. 

There was no doubt in Joe's mind that Georgina didn't love him like she had told him, she loved the fact that she was famous for dating him and not constantly living off her father's money. 

"You took illegal drugs and partied constantly, putting my career in danger," Joe continued remembering the speculation that had gone around that he had been taking drugs as well; he still got called in for drugs tests every time and he knew that it would take time for those horrible rumours to go away. 

Georgina was completely silent, she peeked around trying to find someone that would defend her in the crowd that had gathered; everyone looked stunned that the rumours were true about what had happened.

"Why the hell would I ever take you back?" Joe demanded trying to calm down, he was never going to fall into that trap again and he had something better now that he was dating Gabriella. 

In a couple of weeks he would be a father and Joe wasn't going to let someone so self-centred destroy what he had now; Joe was putting an end to this and he was glad that his team-mates were finally hearing all of this from him. 

"Because you love me," Georgina said hoping that she would be able to do this, her father was going to disown her if she didn't get Joe back and if that happened then she'd have no money and be forced to get a job. 

Joe scoffed, he couldn't believe that she actually thought that would change anything; at one point in time, yes Joe had loved Georgina but that had all changed when he had discovered the real her. 

"I am only going to say this once... I have no interest in getting back together with you," Joe snapped wanting to make sure that this was it for them, he had no feelings for Georgina anymore; he wanted to move on with his life and he wasn't going to change his mind. 

Georgina blinked staring at Joe, she hadn't expected him to be so cold to her and she could tell everyone else was stunned by how this had all worked out; even his team-mates had thought that he would take her back in a heartbeat. 

Joe turned around and walked away from Georgina, he moved past the team-mates that had gathered knowing that he didn't care what they thought and when the time was right he would tell them about Gabriella and him. 

"I'm sorry," Vincent murmured patting Joe on the shoulder, he couldn't believe what he had just heard and he hoped that Joe really knew what he was doing.