Chapter Twenty: Little Elena Hart

Watching as the doctor walked out of the hospital room, Joe sighed in relief as he turned his attention back to his girlfriend and their newborn daughter; everything had gone perfectly after Elena had been born in a surprise home birth. 

"How are you feeling?" Joe asked knowing that they wouldn't be able to go home until tomorrow, the doctor just wanted to make sure that everything was alright with mother and daughter.

It also gave Joe a little bit of time to clear up the mess that had been caused when Elena had arrived earlier than expected; he didn't care about the mess and he was just glad he got to see his daughter being born. 

"Tired," Gabriella whispered looking up at Joe, she was so happy that he was here with her right now and that was all that mattered; she could only imagine what it was going to be like when their parents arrived. 

Catherine and Charles would be already on their way since Gabriella had already called her parents when she had been in labour; she could already imagine them hanging around the hospital somewhere waiting to come and see her. 

Louise and Charles would have been called by Catherine and Joe hadn't been able to get hold of them so they would probably already be here as well waiting for the right moment to appear. 

Sitting carefully on the edge of the hospital bed, Joe gently brushed his fingers against Elena's tiny hand; he couldn't believe how small she was and he couldn't take his eyes off her. 

"She's perfect," Joe whispered kissing the top of Gabriella's head, he honestly couldn't believe that he had once thought about turning his back on her and Elena; looking at his daughter now made him feel all the more guilty about that. 

Gabriella nodded her head in agreement, there was no telling what was going to happen now that Elena had been born but she hoped that Joe was prepared for the spike in media attention on them.

***

"She's so cute," Louise cooed fussing over her new granddaughter, she was so happy that it had all worked out and she couldn't believe how adorable Elena was; she couldn't believe that she was finally a grandmother. 

Catherine nodded her head in agreement, she was glad that Gabriella had delivered a healthy baby girl with no problems; she had been worried about how her daughter was close had been when she had gone into labour like she had. 

"Where's Dad?" Joe asked running his fingers along Gabriella's arm, he was glad that everything had worked out well and from a quick check of the Manchester City score things had worked out fine for his team-mates as well. 

Catherine and Louise rolled their eyes and shared an annoyed look, they turned their attention back to their granddaughter knowing that they should have seen this coming. 

"Doing Charles jokes," the two women replied wondering how they hadn't seen this coming, there was always going to be a strangeness since the two men were called Charles; they were just lucky that Joe didn't go by his real first name. 

Gabriella and Joe grinned, they were glad that their parents got along and that things were going so well; they had nothing to hide anymore and they hoped that the media would calm down soon. 

The news had quickly broken that Joe and Gabriella had welcomed a little girl that afternoon and that was why Joe had left the match, there were already paparazzi gathering outside of the hospital hoping for some news on the newborn. 

"Have you spoken with the club?" Louise asked knowing that Manuel Pellegrini wasn't going to be pleased with Joe walking off like that she didn't want him getting into trouble.

Nodding his head, Joe took a deep breath knowing that he wasn't looking forward to going to training in a couple of days; the club had congratulated the couple and had told him that he could have a couple of days off. 

"I have to be back on Friday," Joe mumbled knowing that he would have to apologise for walking out, his team-mates would understand and he hoped that he wasn't going to be punished too much. 

Gabriella peeked up at Joe, she didn't want to cause him anymore trouble and she knew that things were still off after what had happened with his relationship with Georgina. 

"So what did you call her?" Catherine asked watching Joe and Gabriella, things might have been rough for them in the beginning but things had certainly changed for them in the last couple of months. 

The last thing that the couple needed right now was any more trouble and Catherine doubted that things would smooth out for a while now; everyone was going to be talking about her little granddaughter. 

"Elena Josephine Hart," Joe revealed grinning, he adored saying the name and he couldn't imagine what it was going to be like when he had to be away from Gabriella and Elena; he wasn't looking forward to any away matches that were coming up. 

Joe was expected to be playing in the match against Crystal Palace and he was hopeful that the home match would be easy on him; he didn't really want to leave Gabriella and Elena alone. 

Looking at her son with a smile on her face, Louise hoped that he was prepared for the interest in Elena; she was the baby everyone had wanted to see and the reason that he was now with Gabriella.

***

Georgina pursed her lips as she stared at the news headlines, it was everywhere that she looked and it made her feel sick; it only served to remind her of the real reason that she had lost Joe. 

If it wasn't for that baby and its mother, then Joe would have never discovered all of Georgina's dirty little secrets; she knew that there was no changing any of that now and she was still desperate to get back with Joe. 

Georgina would do anything to make him see that they were meant to be, she would be a wonderful mother to the brat that he'd had with his whore and she knew that everyone preferred her to the woman he was with now. 

Georgina's father wasn't speaking to her right now and she knew that he'd cut off her cards after her horrible first attempt at winning Joe back; she wasn't going to let him think that this was over yet. 

Gabriella would be out of action after having the baby and Georgina doubted that Joe would be able to cope without having sex for six entire weeks; she was sure that it had been a long time since he'd done anything but kiss. 

Tapping her fingers on the couch, Georgina smiled as a plan formed in her mind and she knew that Joe would just fall for it; she was going to slip herself back into his life with the help of a couple of close friends before she made her move of getting Joe back. 

Gabriella wasn't going to want to stick around and Georgina would even tolerate the baby that Joe had with the other woman; she was sure that he was only sticking around because he would look bad if he didn't. 

Smiling to herself, Georgina reached for her mobile and prepared to call Carla knowing that she and her husband had been so helpful in the past when it came to things like this. 

Vincent and Carla had no idea just what Georgina was capable of, they had helped her get close to Joe once and they would do it again.