"I-I could try and fix the car's tyre with magic," Jezebel suddenly said and took a step towards the car. She stopped and swayed dangerously on the spot and nearly fell over if I hadn't quickly kept her upright.

"Jez, I don't think that's a good idea," I tried to persuade her.

She tried to shake me off weakly, "No, I can do it. I can fix it. Josh let go."

I slowly started to pull her away from the car but she resisted with all the strength she had left.

"Josh, no! Stop! I can fix it! I can......I can.............." she eventually gave in and went limp in my arms, sobbing into my shoulder.

I held onto her tightly not wanting anything else to happen to her.

Chris spoke his voice devoid of any emotion, "Ok, this is what's going to happen. Josh you're going to carry Jezebel and run as far and as fast as you can. Chris and I are going to stay here and try to keep them busy. There will be no discussion so just-"

"I'm not just going to let you guys stay here! Kyle will kill you! Stand in his way and he'll slaughter you. I'm not going to let that happen to you. I'm not him!" I yelled back.

I let go of Jezebel and walked right up to Chris, "I won't leave you to be killed."

Chris gripped my shoulders and shook me once, "I know you're not your brother Josh. And it's noble that you don't want to leave, but it's more important that they don't get Jezebel."

Daniel came up beside me, "Chris is right. You need to see the big picture. Josh...........go."

I shook my head. I couldn't believe they were going to sacrifice themselves and not even let me try and save them.

Chris pushed me with more force this time, "GO! Now!"

I angrily brushed away the tears that managed to escape against my will. There was so much I wanted to say but there was no time. Instead I went for a hug from both of them. Not very manly but I knew I wasn't going to be able to leave without saying goodbye. I went to open my mouth to say something although I don't know what, but Daniel stopped me.

He sounded like he wasn't getting enough air into his lungs, "Where's................Jezebel?"

I spun around on my heel frantically looking everywhere, but she wasn't there. I couldn't breathe and it felt like the ground had disappeared from beneath my feet. My knees felt like they were going to give out underneath me. I took a step forward and then another but didn't get any further than that before I heard the squeal of tyres. I barely had time to turn around and shout Chris's name before werewolves were jumping out of the cars.

Any breath that still remained in my lungs immediately left me. I looked left and saw Daniel on the floor struggling to keep the snapping teeth of two werewolves away from his body. To the right Chris was pinned underneath the gigantic paws of two werewolves. I cast a quick glance around hoping to spot where Jezebel had gone. Nothing, not even a clue. I turned my attention back to the two figures slowly making their way towards me.

I was torn between wanting to help Chris and Daniel and wanting to find Jezebel. I stood rooted to the spot and waited for Kyle and Jay to reach where I stood. The three of us just stood there no one moved. It was almost like we were sizing each other up until Kyle made the first move. His hand shot out and his fingers wrapped around my throat before I even had time to react.

"Game over brother, where is she?" Kyle snarled his fingers tightening around my throat.

Instinctively my own hands went to my neck trying to pry his fingers open to let air flow back through to my lungs. My finger scrabbled against my brothers but I wasn't gaining any purchase or making any difference, if anything Kyle's fingers only got tighter. I opened my mouth to say something but the constriction of my throat wouldn't allow anything to come out.