Deal with the Devil

"Come with meee, Jack. I have somethinggg to show youuu."

The angry scowl Jack wore did not waver, but he followed the hooded creature from the study with his hands shoved deep in his jeans pockets.

What now? his sister's voice asked in his head. Why does he think that he has anything whatsoever that would interest us after what he's done to us?

Jack just shrugged and continued to follow. They seemed to be going ever deeper underground, but he couldn't be sure. He kept alert to their surroundings in case there should ever arise a chance to escape. He fully intended to get himself and his sister away from this nutcase as soon as he had a chance.

After a bit of a walk down corridors that all looked the same, dimly lit and with smooth, stone walls and floors, they came upon a door at the very end of one long hall. The "master" (as everyone seemed to call him) withdrew a key and unlocked it, swinging it open and turning to light an old-fashioned oil lamp just inside. He turned it up and gestured for Jack to step inside after him.

"Youuu will want to seee thisss, my boyyy."

Jack had to admit he was curious, but he also didn't trust this guy, so he readied his hands in case he needed to throw a shock wave and then cautiously stepped into the room. His eyes took in the scene before him, giving he and his sister a view of everything.

In the middle of the room was a single-sized bed with a sheer veil draped down around it that hung from a rail above. Someone appeared to be asleep behind the veil. The "master" lifted his twisted hand and drew back the veil. Jack's breath caught in his throat at the sight of the girl laying on the bed. Her eyes were closed and she was so still that he stepped closer to try to see if she was breathing.

He studied her face, her eyelids, and her chest. Nothing moved. 

"Is she... she looks dead!" he whispered.

"Oh nooo. She is merely sleepinggg. You seee, Jack... this girl needs a soulll."

Jack's eyes shot up to the hooded face. He couldn't see the eyes, but he knew they were on him.

"What do you mean she 'needs a soul'?"

"She is artificial. An android. She is waiting for your sisssterrr, Jack."

What! What is he talking about? Victoria practically shouted, but only Jack could hear her.

I have no idea, sis, he replied only to her. Then, "Care to explain what you are getting at?"

"If you do what I need you to dooo. Swear your allegiance to meee. Your sister will have her ownnn body once againnn. This beautiful creature can be hersss to take possessionnn of. Sheee will neverrr sufferrr. Never growww old. She can, of course, be destroyed, but she will not die of natural causesss, Jack. This body is completely artificial, yet once she becomes used to it, will feel not much different than it did in her ownnn body. Except that she will neverrr be tired, hungry. She will feel painnn and pleasure, but not sickness or fatigue."

Holy shit, Jack!

"I'll do it."

Nooo! No, no, no! You take it back, Jack! We are not doing anything for that horrid, evil....

"What do you need from me? Oh, and once she gets her new body, my sister goes free."

"That isss.... weee will talk about..."

"No. There's nothing to talk about. That's my offer. Take it or leave it."

Jack! Jack, please! He could hear her sobbing, but he swallowed hard and ignored her. His little sister would have a life of her own. She would be able to date, marry, maybe not have children, but she could adopt! She wouldn't get sick. She didn't have to get old!