Hostage Situation

3rd person POV
He had gone to work, his second job, of being an EMT. A call came in for West Cobler and he was concerned. That was near his piece of heaven. He still went there since it was probably one of the homeless people passed out drunk on the street.
He rushed there as soon as he could and saw that it was the scrawny FBI agent holding a person in a hoodie.
He brought the stretcher out and accidentally dropped it near the person. It was his Reese Jenson. He had to think quickly on what to do.
"I need the area cleared!" He yelled out.
The other EMT was making sure everything was set up since this case was going to need immediate attention. Everybody around went past the SUV. There was a large crowd surrounding the sight.
He bent down as if he were going to help her but then he pulled out his knife and held her.
"Get back!" He yelled. "Otherwise Reese Jenson dies."
The scrawny agent stepped forward. To show the agent he was being serious he sliced her arm open. Blood drizzled down his arm, still warm.
"What do you want?" The agent asked.
"I want my darling. It's our anniversary this month. I want her alove but it isn't going to happen if you don't step back."
The agent stepped back. Another person was on the phone. He decided that his battle was with the scrawny one and not anybody in the crowd. Everybody was gasping and whispering.
A few more SUVs came up. The African one stepped out. They must've all been with the FBI. Scrawny went up to them. He could feel her getting colder as he continued standing there.
"I want the ambulance and no one to follow. I have to make sure darling is ok."
"You want Reese safe don't you?" African asked.
"Yes..." He could feel all the people watching him. "Clear the mile block and we can sort something out."
They started to do as he asked when he dragged Reese to the ambulance and blared through the street. He could hear screams and crunching of bones under the ambulance. Flashing lights started to follow him.
He knew Portland better than they did. He swerved and turned. It only took a few moments to loose them. Until he saw flashing lights up ahead.
He decided that since he had Reese that they wouldn't try to blow them up. He blew right past them. Suddenly they were following him better than the big SUVs.
He could hear Reese start to move around. She wasn't doing too well. The cut he had inflicted on her was still bleeding. Never had he felt this bad for doing something bad.
He decided that if he wanted to make sure Reese Darling was ok that he'd have to give up. She needed attention. But then she mumbled about Raylee. He recognized that name.
"Who's Raylee?" He shouted at her.
She looked up. "My sister. Raylee Jenson."