Chapter Eight

We were in the car for about 10 minutes, each second filled with me asking questions.

“Am I dressed right? Do I look okay for it? Is this a big thing or just us? CODY, ANSWER ME! Where, in all of LA, are we going?!” I said, out of breath, but Cody just sat there with a half smile creeping across his face.

“Cody, would you please just-” and that’s when I heard them. A huge crowd of screaming fans and about, what looked like, every camera man in the world.

“Cody is this a freakin red carpet?! WHERE ARE WE?” But he still didn’t answer because one second later, I knew.

“OH. MY. GOD. Cody, you’re taking us to the Teen Choice Awards!! I can’t believe this! Are you performing tonight?” Chloe was practically dancing when we got out of the limo and onto the red carpet. Cody smiled for pictures, signed a few things, and then looked over to me and said “yep”. He pulled us over to a camera crew for a preset-up interview and started talking. 

“And here comes our favorite hottie Aussie sensation, Cody Simpson!” the lady said.

“Cody, this is not dinner!” I whispered through my teeth.

“Hey, I’m so psyched to be here and I can’t wait to be performing, it’s such an honor.” Cody stated smoothly.

“It’s great to have you, you’re quite popular now, isn’t that right? You just finished two tours, and you’ve got an album coming out soon. That’s exciting! But, we must now, who are your lovely companions?” the interviewer said cheerily.

“This is my mate Tyler from my school, this is one of my closest friends Chloe, and this is my best friend in the whole wide world- Ellie. Say hello El!” Cody said teasing me.

On the inside I wanted to punch him for being so sneaky and hiding this from me, but on the outside I put on a smile.

“It’s a pleasure meeting you, I’m so proud of Cody, especially tonight” I said as cheerily as humanly possible.

Cody gave the interviewer a hug and said he had to go get ready. We walked further down the red carpet, stopping to talk to fans, take some more pictures, and sign a few things, but we finally got to the doors and headed to Cody’s dressing room where we could finally talk in private.