Epilogue: Chapter Seventeen

*10 years later- Ellie’s POV*

“Cody, could you get Belle into her flower girl dress?” I asked as I continued doing Alli’s eyeshadow. 

“Sure thing, love.” Cody said ducking his head in the room then heading off towards where Belle was. 

“Awww Als! I can’t believe you’re getting married today. You and Jake are going to look so cute standing up at the alter.” I told her.

“Well, you’re my made of honor. You kinda have to say that!” Alli laughed.

“Yeah, but Madison, Ariana, Chloe, or Maggie all agree!” 

“And they have to say that, too, since they’re my bridesmaids!” She smiled.

Alli has had a glow about her ever since she and Jake started dating way back when she was a junior in high school. Cody, Ariana, and I made Jake come to college with us at UCLA for a year to wait for Alli to finish up her schooling. After that year, Alli and Jake eloped to Australia and spent about five years there. They came back to Los Angeles after college and announced that they were engaged. And here we stand, hours before their spectacular beach-themed wedding in Hawaii. 

“I can’t wait to see little Belle in her little dress. You and Cody made a pretty cute kid, ya know.” Alli smirked.

“Thank you?” I laughed as Cody came back into the room. 

“Here’s our little girl! All dressed up and ready to throw flowers everywhere!” Cody picked Belle up and threw her into the air, then caught her, making her giggle uncontrollably. 

“Auntie Alli you look like a princess!” Belle squealed. 

“And you look like the cutest three year old flower girl in the whole universe!” Alli stood up and hoisted Belle up onto her hip then gave her a kiss on the cheek. 

“Cody!! Where’s my bow tie?!?!” Jake frantically screamed from the hotel hallway. 

“Lemme show ya. Be right there!” Cody screamed back. “Come on Belle. Let’s go see Uncle Jake! Alli, you look gorgeous. Have fun today.” 

“Thanks Codes.” Alli said handing over Belle and hugging Cody.

“Bye my baby Belle!” I smiled.

“Bye mommy!!” She waved. 

“Alright, let’s finish up this make up. All you need is some lipstick. Which color do you want?” I asked Alli.

“Red. Jake loves it when I wear red on my lips.” She started blushing. 

“Haha okay.” I started applying the lipstick to her lips. “I remember at Chloe and Tyler’s wedding you wore pink at first then switched to red once you saw Jake at the reception. Hahaha, good times.” 

“Mhmm!” Alli hummed as she spread the lipstick around. 

“Anddddd.... Finished!”

“Time to go I guess.” She stood up and quickly slid on the white, mermaid style, a-line wedding dress. I zipped her up and placed the white lace veil in her shimmering blonde hair. 

“One word. Classy.” I said hugging her from behind.

“How come people get prewedding jitters? I’m completely happy, more than that actually. I’m in heaven. Is this how you felt?” Alli asked me.

“Yep. Just wait, seeing him at the alter will make your heart race, your lips break into a huge smile, and you feel like your on a roller coaster. Best feeling in the world if you ask me.” I smiled, remembering Cody and I’s wedding. 

“Can’t wait.” Alli winked. 

She was still that thirteen year old girl on the inside. She always will be. Her love for class, fashion, and good hearted fun was still there. She still had all her mischievous and energetic ways.

“Well, I guess it’s time to get you to the beach, Mrs. Thrupp.” I winked. 

We went and got all the bride’s maids along with Angie Brad. We all made our way to the beach where Alli and Jake’s wedding would be. The gorgeous wooden, carved alter had tiny ocean blue lilies climbing up it’s posts. The chairs had the same theme, but the flowers were carved into legs instead of being placed there. The sand path that Brad would soon lead Alli down was smoothed over and was lined with small tea light candles, already lit and flickering in the ocean’s breeze. 

“Honey, you look...” Angie started, but ending up wiping away tears instead of finishing her sentence. 

“Thanks mom. You better go sit down. I love you.” Alli hugged her. 

“My baby girl is all grown up. I feel like yesterday you were trying to teach Molly how to swim back in Queensland.” Brad remembered. 

“I know, I know. Time flies when you’re having fun, though. Right?” Alli smiled. 

“Right.” Brad took her arm and wrapped it through his. 

We’re all ready to get these two kids married! Now, we just need Jake. Where is he? Cody was supposed to bring him down early.

“I’ll go check in on Cody and Jake.” I said jogging as fast as I could back to the hotel in the tight blue dress that I was wearing. 

I pressed the button to summon the elevator, only to find Cody, Belle, and Jake laughing when the doors split open. 

“You guys are so late!! Let’s go!” I scooped Belle from Cody’s arms with a quick kiss on Cody’s cheek. “You boys need to get your cute little butts over to that alter asap.” 

And with that they took off, laughing and jogging over to the beach. 

I followed them to the beach and then told Belle it was time to throw her flowers. It was time to start the wedding. 

*3 years later* 

“... and that’s why I love the Gold Coast!” Belle proclaimed to her first grade classmates.

“Very good presentation, Ms. Simpson.” Her teacher, Mrs. Comer, chirped. “You are dismissed. I can see your mommy and daddy over there by the play ground.” 

Belle ran over to us and Cody swooped her high into the air. Cody let her slide down the slides while we waited for Jake and Alli to get their little boy, Christian, from the preschool that was also located at this sight. About five minutes later, they showed up, followed by Ariana, her husband, Niall, and their one year old, Henry. 

Since it was Friday, we had our weekly beach picnic with the gang and our kids this afternoon. Maggie was now a major author and was on tour in the United Kingdom, Madison was still a big time actress in Los Angeles, and Chloe and Tyler have been happily married with two kids in San Francisco forever now, it seems. But we still had most of the our friends here in Australia with us. Most importantly, I have Cody and Belle. I have my family. 

At about seven, the sunset’s warm colors started washing over everything on the beach. The kids were playing in the sand, the Alli and Jake were watching the kids, Ariana and Niall were playing in the shallow water, and Cody and I were walking in the tiny waves that washed up on the shore. After all those years of questioning my existence, my purpose, my life, even, I finally know I must’ve done something worth a lot of good karma points...because I ended up here. If I could tell any teenager one sentence of advice, I know what it would be. 

It gets better. 

~The End. Thanks for reading my first story, Crazy But True. Check me out on twitter (@LoveThatBoyCody) and tweet me what you thought about it or leave a comment on my wattpad. Love ya! xoxo~