Chapter Three

I woke up next to the picnic basket, two beach blankets, and Alli on their couch. Alli had been slowly waking me up by poking me, speaking, and even texting me so that my phone would buzz in my pocket.

“Oh hey there El, have a nice snooze?” Alli said innocently. My response was a mumbled ‘blaaaahhh’ and a sleepy smile. 

“Good! Get up and get changed- time for the beach!” Alli practically screamed into my ear. I sat up and saw that under her cover up, Alli was already wearing a black, sparkly bikini and Chloe was on the other side of the room texting (under her cover up she was wearing her pink and white checkered bikini). Cody came downstairs in just blue swim trunks, holding a surf board...he looked hot shirtless, incase you didn’t know. It was always funny to watch girls ogle over his abs whenever we went to the beach.

“Was ANYBODY planning on waking me up anytime soon??” I said while laughing. They all just laughed as I ran upstairs to change into my swim suit. I chose my ocean blue bandeau-style bikini and put a crop top on over it as a cover up. Soon enough we were on the private beach and setting our stuff down. 

Alli and Chloe ran straight for the water and began to body surf the waves. Cody began to wax his board as I got a text....from Jack. 

From Jack: Hey where are you, wanna hang and get dinner? 

I made a face and sighed, Cody looked up and said “Jack? Whats he want?”. 

“He wants to hang out and get dinner, but I’m fine with just us.” I said smiling at the last part. Cody just nodded his head and went back to his board. I rolled my eyes and said “Last one into the water buys the other one lunch for the whole first week of school!”. Of course since I started running mid-sentence, I got there first- enjoying the water until Cody tackled me about ten seconds later. 

“Cheater!” Cody laughed. 

“I want a lemonade, caesar salad, and gummies for lunch tomorrow, thank you!” I said while I got back up from the tackle. Cody just smiled and hugged me, I hugged him back. We pulled out of the hug, but still close, his hands on my hips and mine laced together behind his upper back. I looked up into Cody’s eyes as he looked down into mine.

“HEY! YOU GUYS GOTTA COME RIDE THESE WAVES!” Alli screamed at us. We broke out of the moment and I nervously laughed then swam out to where they were. Cody followed, we had a few awkward glances, but the next two hours we spent in the water, in the sand, and eating our food. We ended up coming home at around 8:30, but all of us were thoroughly exhausted. We popped some popcorn, put in a romantic comedy, and fell asleep in the living room. Before I drifted off into sleep, I thought I heard Cody say ‘G’night my angel’. Since when did he call me ‘angel’? It'd always been "g'night mate", but I was too tired to ask. It was time for sleep.