Chapter Twelve

“Dead puppies, dead puppies, dead puppies!” I thought to myself. Once I had some tears on the brink of falling, I jumped up and ran toward the living room.

“CHLOE!! TYLER!! CODY.. OUTSIDE... CRAZY FAN... THEN STABBING AND BLOOD.. HELP!!!” I screamed with tears coming down my face. I ran over to Chloe and started shaking her. She woke up and saw my face and her eyes got big.

“El, what’s wrong?” she sounded frantic. She got up and pulled Tyler to his feet. 

“Cody’s in trouble! This crazy person attacked him outside on our walk and now *deep breath* he’s hurt and *sniffle* HE NEEDS HELP!” I said trying to keep a straight face for this scene.

“Tyler, dear, can you start making some pancakes? The mix is in the cupboard above the microwave. Thank you sweetie.” Chloe said lying back down into her pile of pillows. Tyler got up with out hesitation and lazily walked over to the kitchen to make pancakes. 

“WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS? CODY IS HURT! HE’S IN SERIOUS PAIN! HE’S BLEEDING!” I started screaming, getting red in the face. 

“Ellie. It was sweet of you and Cody to try and prank us, but no fan knows where Cody’s house is. Also, we expected this especially since you guys just got together. Call Cody and tell him we’re making pancakes so he can come out of hiding. Good effort though!” Chloe said rolling over in her makeshift bed. 

“Seriously? Damn... I thought I did pretty well. I was even crying! What the hell. Couldn’t you have just played along?” I joked getting up to go get Cody. I came back with Cody who was still disappointed that our couple vs couple prank didn’t work out, but he was satisfied when Tyler gave him some pancakes. 

“So, what should we do today? Last day of the weekend!” Tyler said after we had all finished eating. 

“I have homework and all that. So maybe we should just go home? Yeah, boring I know, but seriously, I got so much stuff left.” Chloe said. We all agreed, gathered our things and said we’d see every one else on Monday. 

I got home, unpacked, and decided to shower. I got out, got re-dressed in my PJs and pulled out my iPad. Time to check Twitter. 

“@CodySimpson: Great time with all my buds last night! Hope yall enjoyed the performance on the Teen Choice awards!” 100+ retweets on that of course...

“@TheAlliSimpson: Had a great time at the Teen Choice Awards and @MadisonPettis22’s place. Who liked @ELOVESYA’s surprise appearance? ;)” Oh god Alli. Thanks for more attention.

“@TylerIsABOSS: Me and my girl @LilChloeGirl at the Teen Choice Awards. Http://www.twitpic.com/dslghsdn143” Aww! They took a picture back stage. It’s so cute!

“@LilChloeGirl: Great Night ;) loveee yaa Ty-ty!” 

I looked through my mentions. Once again, LOTS of hate, especially after that appearance, some compliments, follow backs, and spam. I followed about 50 people, and decided to tweet something before I set to work.

“@ELOVESYA: Gunna be changing me username soon! Can we get me to 200k followers? I’ll do a twitcam once I reach my goal! <3”

Of course, I had to make Cody to that twitcam with me, that’s what they expected. Maybe even Alli, Chloe, and Tyler, too. 

I stayed off twitter for the rest of the night and finished up all my homework. My mom brought dinner to my room so I could keep working and I finished at about 10pm. I took out my phone and texted Cody. 

“Me: Hey codes, had an amazing weekend. I’ll see you tomorrow <3 xo” About two seconds later he replied.

“Cody: I’ve been waiting for that text all day :) 143 babe, goodnight.” 

I set down my phone on the nightstand and turned off my lamp. Before I went to sleep, I replayed this whole summer, school year, weekend, and night in my head. It was pretty picture perfect.