Chapter Fourteen

When we got to the work out room Cody was doing that thing... I actually had no clue what he was doing, but it looked like it took a lot of effort. He was already facing the open doorway so he saw Ariana and I as soon as we got there. 

“ELLIE! What the hell happened? Ariana, who did this to her?” Cody said grabbing my face. 

“Those bitches Easton and Kylie, that’s what happened. I actually have no clue why they were attacking her though.” Ariana said to Cody. 

Even though I had successfully walked here almost without help, I was still sore, tired, and hurting. I didn’t feel like talking. I felt like if I opened my mouth or tried to talk, I would just end up in tears.

“El, babe, why did they do this?” Cody said in softer voice. 

“I came into the locker room and Easton and Kylie were kicking her sides and punching her head. El was in a ball on the floor. When I tried to get them off her, Kylie slammed me into a locker and Easton kicked my face. But I still don’t know WHY they did this to HER.” Ariana said to Cody. They were communicating around me now. I think they had figured out that I wasn’t in the position to be talking.

“Where did they go after they left the locker room?” Cody said through gritted teeth. 

“Umm... I don’t know. Probably out onto the field. Their always on the bleachers texting or whatever.” Ariana said while she readjusted her standing position, shifting her weight onto the other foot. 

“Get El some ice from the nurse, I’ll find both of you after school. Do you mind walking her to my house when school lets out? I’ll be busy for a little while.” 

“Umm sure? I’ll go ask your sister how to get there. Where are you going, Cody?”

“Kylie and Easton need to be talked to...or at least Principal Smith. Who knows, maybe even their parents. Either way, take care of my girl here.” Cody said hugging Ariana then walking out the door headed for the field. 

“I’m confused... Okay, uh, El, come on. Lets go get you some ice.” Ariana said helping me up off the ground where I decided to rest while they were talking.

I got up and we walked over to the nurse’s office on the second floor. The nurse started asking questions, so Ariana told her that we slipped and fell into a stack of chairs. Yeah, that girl is not good at lying on the spot. Either way, the nurse didn’t seem to care about finding out what actually happened, but she made Ariana take some ice, too. We thanked her for the ice and went to go sit on the front stairs outside of the school, waiting for the bell to dismiss us from the campus. 

Cody’s POV

I got to the field and had trouble finding Kylie and Easton. I only knew what Easton looked like. She was a short, blonde girl who would never stop smiling even if you paid her, I think she just got her braces off or something. The only problem is there are a lot of blonde girls in this gym class apparently. I looked over at the bleachers ahead of me, then felt a tap on my shoulder.

“Haha um hi. I’m Kylie, and you’re Cody, right?” the short brunette said batting her eyelashes at me. 

“Are you a fan or something?” I asked. I know what she did to Ellie, but I have a plan.

“Yeah, you were like totally amazing on the Teen Choice Awards on Friday!” she laughed again. 

Her laugh was annoying, it was so forced and fake.

“Wanna walk around with me? I’ve got a free period.” 

“Oh. Em. Gee! Of course, I’d love to. Lemme go get East!” She said running off. 

Now, I may not be a genius, but I’m pretty sure ‘East’ is the one and only Bitchston. 

Kylie came back with Easton and she introduced herself. She didn’t do it like Kylie had, she was sly. She thought I wanted her, or at least she really wants me. She was playing the sexy card, a card she really didn’t even have in her hand... She was not good at it. It was like the titanic sinking. Her eye lashes wouldn’t stop fluttering, she kept looking down then staring into my eyes like she wanted to turn me into stone, and she kept making that fish face. No way did I find that attractive. Sadly though, I had to pretend I liked her so that my plan could work. We started walking around the track, the went to sit at a table in the quad. 

“Excuse me, I have to take this.” Kylie got up, flipping open her phone. She walked back out to the field to talk in private. Who would call some one when they’re in school?

It was just me and Easton now. Time to execute the plan. I only have one shot at this.

“Easton, can I ask you something?” I said grabbing her hand.