Chapter 4 - College Party

Start from the beginning

But hiding the calm beauty of the house was the horror of a college party. I had thought high school parties were wild but this put the high school parties to the level of a tea party at the Buckingham Palace, well not that bad but close.

The toilet paper was all over the grass and hanging from the trees which made them look like ghosts and there were six of them. Did they use the toilet paper as decorations? Well if they did, they should try something better.

The guys soaked each other with the hoses and girls where running around butt naked around the whole place, not just the pool. There were two mattresses on the ground outside the second floor windows and people jumped off into them. What if they missed?

The cars where all over the street- moving side to side because people were using them for things other than driving- and ruining the rich grass around the neighborhood. The music here was five times louder than the one back at home since there were probably many expensive stereos and a DJ inside, so loud to the point I could barely hear myself think, and people were smoking all around the place, so that the air had a disgusting smoky smell.

People danced outside with bottles of beer and other drinks that were definitely not Sunkist. There was a jacuzzi overfilled with people making out and millions of soap bubbles were inside the jacuzzi and overflowing onto the grass and there was a huge banner on the roof of the house that said: Party like it’s 2012!

The elegance of the house was only a fading shadow and the remains were a madhouse.

As always I was overwhelmed but happy of the thought that I wouldn’t have to feel this overwhelmingness again for two weeks. 

Just be strong... I don’t want to go inside! I thought

Dylan, like Tommy, dropped us off and went to look for a parking space, irritated that there weren’t any nearby.    

Erica took my hand and steered us inside.

I would always dance at the parties at home but I didn’t want to dance here, I knew no one and they were in college, and what they would want me to do afterwards was something I didn’t have in my plans.

So I told Erica I would go get some punch and she said okay. I didn’t tell her I wasn’t coming back because I knew she wouldn’t notice my absence. I searched the house for somewhere to go because, honestly, I didn’t want punch and I didn’t know where the kitchen or anything was. I started to feel awkward when guys would stare at me with an inviting smile and I just walked away pretending I didn’t notice them.

Yes! There was a couch and it was empty, I took a seat hoping there would be no one to come and sit here later. 

I would glance at the time on my phone every fifteen minutes and it felt like forever but I had only been at the party for about an hour and a half.

I had tried to think but all the people created distractions and it was hard to think with all the music and noise.

A guy started to walk towards me and my empty couch and I figured out that being undisturbed for the whole party was too good to be true.

The man was tan and fit, he was muscular, had brown eyes and brown hair and was a towering six feet or so and he sat next to me. He was good looking but I didn’t want small talk right now.

“Pretending you don’t see me?” he chuckled

“Yeah.” I forced a small grin. That was exactly what I was doing. 

He chuckled once more before he started to speak.

“How come I haven’t seen you around?” He asked with a flirty smile