Chapter 1 - Jerks

Beginne am Anfang

 I didn’t want to fight her because I had known her too long not to know that she was a persistent and determined little hoe. So I would say yes and as always she would jump in excitement and contentment. Besides, she had gotten me a beautiful heart shaped necklace encrusted in gorgeous red rubies. On the back was an engraving that read “Evelyn and Erica BFFs forever.” I hadn’t taken it off since she jumped into my bed at seven in the morning and given me a bear hug with a velvet necklace box. No, she wasn’t rich but she wasn’t exactly destitute either. Her father who owned two successful yogurt shops gives her a good allowance. Needless to say I loved her like a sister no matter how much of an annoying little bug she could be.

 “Fine Erica but only because of the beautiful necklace you gave me.” and I shot her my best smile. 

 Erica jumped up and down rapidly and clapped her hands continuously in victory and excitement.

 “Let’s get ready.” I sighed and she nodded her head smiling.

 Her red blackberry rang from a text and she quickly answered it. My best friend put it away into her back right pocket.

 “Can I wear some of your clothes? My mom doesn’t know about the party.” She said holding her arm and biting her lip. I sighed, already used to it, and said okay. We walked into my small walk-in closet to pick out the outfits.

 She found my sparkling red tank top and started to move to it but I caught her arm.

 “No, no, no.” I said moving my index finger side to side with my hand on my hip talking to her like a mother scolding a two year old reaching for the after dinner cookies. “That’s what Evelyn is going to wear Erica.” I was planning to wear that since it matched my necklace and I had the perfect black shoes for it. I didn’t like parties so much but I did like looking good.

 She started to laugh and opened her mouth to speak. “Fine. But only since it’s your birthday, you little bitch.” She smiled

 I grabbed the tank top and some Abercrombie low rise skinny jeans that had small holes and shreds. It was a faded grey color. Erica took a strapless sun yellow tube shirt and paired it with a black mini skirt. We shared everything since we were both the same shoe size 7 and my clothes were just a tad bigger because of my size 34C in bras and size M in undies from my butt...I wasn’t flat.

“There, this should be easy to take off.” She said.

“You’re doing it tonight?” I didn’t know why I was so shocked.

“As always, are you?” she asked even if she knew the answer.

“No.” 

“Will you ever?” She questioned.

“Yeah, sure, when I fall in love and when I’m older than sixteen.” I replied

“But I’m sixteen and I do it.” Yeah, cause you’re a little slut. I thought but didn’t say.

“You’re different than me.” Is what I did say.

“Oh well.” She didn’t say any more because the last time she did she failed and I got mad at her, not talking to her for three days because of how she said I would get nowhere if I didn’t “fuck”.

“Well let’s change. The party is in an hour.”

We changed into our clothes and put on our makeup together in the big closet mirror. I wore soft sparkle-pink eye shadow that complimented my creamy hazel eyes with clear lip gloss, black mascara and eye liner. I added big wavy curls to my long auburn hair and a little blush to add color to my ivory white skin. Erica painted my nails a Revlon red color and then I was done and proud of my work as I smiled into the mirror. My outfit was simple. Nevertheless, it look great. That was basically what we wore to parties here in Ft. Lauderdale. The casual things.