Chapter 1 Sophie's POV

A/N: These Characters ALL belong to the lovely Shannon Messenger. I just added another story from my own imagination. If you are smart, you'd go and buy the Keeper of the Lost Cities series if you haven't already read it. Please feel free to comment on the story and ship. BUT please no negative or hurtful comments! ;)
Now READ!!

I'm running. Thorns and thickets tearing at my cloak. I hear someone yelling for me to run far away. Keefe. Then I heard the maniac's laughter, filling my ears. Suffocating my hope and fueling my anger. I pulled out the melder, my hands shaking, I was ready to end it. All of it. I saw him...

Falling! I was falling! The ground was coming way to close! I closed my eyes and... I landed on something wet. I looked down hesitantly. The color immediately drained from my face, front was all red. Blood. Tears flew from my face. NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! Not Keefe! I jumped off and rolled him over so his face was facing me. Another strangled cry escaped my lips. His face was caked with dry blood and blisters. His nose was swelling. I put my head on his chest. Ba-boom. Ba-boom. His heart was still beating but it was slowing. I tried CPR, but when I started pounding on his chest, his eyes fluttered open.

"Hey, Foster, the whole depressed look isn't really working for you!" He wheezed and a coughing fit soon rose after.

"Keefe!" I yelled with relief as I hugged him tight. The reunion ended shortly because Brant's laughter resurfaced again.

Keefe's icy blue eyes filled with fear, "Foster run! You need to leave now!"

"No! Keefe, I'm not leaving you--"

"No, Foster, you don't understand! They'll do something so much worse then killing you! Don't worry about me, you need to leave now! You're much more important! If he gets you-- I-- I don't know what I'll do, but I'll be better off dying here. GO!" His eyes welled with tears.

"No Keefe, you listen to me. I'm not leaving you again! I won't! I'm not that special, I was meant to save people, and I'm only going to die trying!" My voice was strong. I felt proud  until Keefe spoke again.

"Sophie, I need you to leave right now! It's not safe, I really need you to go," He said softly.

"Keefe We're leaving together with my pathfinder right now!" Determination pulsed through as I grabbed my pathfinder and held it towards the star's light. A small beam flickered. I started dragging Keefe into the light after me, using my core energy to cover him during the leap, when Brant was running towards us.

"Sophie, leave me! Leave me! LEAVE ME!" He started yelling frantically as Brant was sparking Everblaze.

"Keefe you're almost through, come on!" I yelled, my voice cracking from the crying and desperation.

"Goodbye Sophie! I-I love you," He said quietly as he grabbed me forward and kissed me quickly on my lips, then he pushed me through the light, the pathfinder too.

"Keefe!" I yelled through tears as I saw the last of him disappear. Right before the last of him was gone, I saw Brant throw the ball of blazing flame, Keefe never taking his eyes off me.

I woke up, sweating, and screaming. Sandor charged through the room, weapon at the ready. He sniffed the air.

"Are you ok?" He asked his face drawn with worry.

"Yeah, just another nightmare," I said quietly, as I rolled on the side of my bed not facing Sandor.

He left after a few minutes. Next thing I knew Edaline knocked on the door before entering. SHe started rubbing my back in small smooth circles.

"Hey, you can always talk to me anytime about anything. I want you to know that I'll always be here for you. Grady too. You are a strong, brave, smart, and beautiful girl!" She said.

"Thank you," I whispered before I started to slowly drift off back to sleep.

A/N: Hey, thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed my first part! I'll update ASAP!! ;) Keep Calm and enjoy Mallowmelt!! Feel free to comment about your own fanfics for KOTLC!! I'll try to read them!! :D