Chapter 14 Keefe POV

"Sencen, area 2-6-9 in five minutes!" Brant yells. Scaring me to death as I fall out of my bunk. I ended up landing on my head.

"I'll be there," I grumbled, even though he probably left seconds ago. I grabbed the black training pants, brown vest, and black t-shirt. Then I grabbed the melder, set of throwing stars, sword, and dagger. I started strapping them on the vest. I put them into places only I knew, but were still easy to reach. I grabbed the black boots and laced them up, I was ready to go.

"Don't forget your cloak!" Alvar yelled as he tossed it to me.

"Thanks," I mumbled. I looked at the sleeve of my tunic, the bright white eye staring at me, I shuddered. I pulled the cloak around my shoulders slowly, felling a pang of regret. Her eyes filled my head, her laugh, smile, the way she cared about everyone, how she was the only person who really understood me.

"KEEFE! Hurry up, we're going to be late!" Alvar yelled, distracting me from my fantasies.

I took off running. Turning left, right, climbing up a set of stairs, turning right, going down stairs, and ninja rolling through the door, and advancing into the training room in style. Alvar let out a chuckle.

"You had to enter in style, didn't you?" Alvar said as he let out a loud laugh.

"Yeah, and fashionably late!" Mareana (Ma-ree-na) laughed, as Alvar wrapped an arm around her. Alvar kissed her on the forehead. Mareana and Alvar have been dating for four years. Alvar was super protective about her even though she could kill someone in a matter of seconds.

"You're just jealous because I'm awesomer than you guys!" I said jokingly.

"Says the guy who thinks awesomer is an actual word!" Mareana says playfully shoving me.

"That was a test, Alvar, you failed!" I said walking away. I could still hear Mareana's laughter as I was heading towards my position.

"Alright, sparing practice! Mareana, since you think you're an exception towards are PDA rules, you can pick your sparing partner first!" Fintan's voice boomed throughout the room. (I think that's how you spell it!)

"Oh, thank you for the honor! I want to thank my mom for banishing me to Exillium, my father for constantly using me as his outlit, and the council for making me feel so special at my tribunal! Oh, and Fintan for allowing me to join this beautiful cause--"

"Beautiful speech, but could you please tell us who your partner is?" Fintan asked, a smile on his face as everyone laughed.

"Oh, in that case I pick, Mr. Keefe Sencen!" She announced, her eyes searching for mine.

"I EXCEPT! But, be warned! I have mad skills! So please, no crying when I beat your butt!" I yelled.

We were on the mat in position. I crouched down low, my vest off. Sparing required no weapons or abilities.

"Be prepared for the embarrassment that will await you soon after!" Mareana laughed with a wicked smile.

She charged forward, ready to rip my head off. I dodged her punches and kicks easily. Then when she aimed for my face, I grabbed her fist and twisted her whole arm. She screamed in pain, I felt a little bad, but in the end I had to protect the hair. She surprised me by swinging her left leg full force into my right shin. I heard the crack. I fell onto the ground, still holding her fist. She screamed as she fell to the ground with me.

"You little--" Was all she could get out as I kicked her jaw with my left leg. I wiggled out from under her, but she grabbed my right leg, I held in the scream as she pulled me back. I quickly kicked her in the face again with my left leg, I heard a crack, must have been her nose.