Cladan!

I remembered yesterday's events; Ares kids interrupting my training to try to intimate me to get lost from Claire. Never in eons! Not even in their wildest dreams. Too bad suckers.

I was waiting at the training grounds for Claire, as we planned to spar against others together as a team. I didn't know why, but fighting beside her was second to breathing.

All of a sudden, I was jolted from my train of thought. I stumbled forward, but quickly regaining my balance. Who pushed me?

Look behind, Danny boy.

I looked as what Blazefire told me, and I saw around four Ares guys, all wearing breastplates and they were holding wicked-looking spears, swords and also axes.

"That's it Ezio!" one of them shouted, a guy with brown spiky hair, pointing his spear at me.

"What?" I frowned, feigning ignorance. But seriously, what the Hades do these guys want?

"You're going down!" another guy shouted, a muscular, ripped guy who probably spent hours at the gym working out.

"TAKE HIM DOWN!" Spear Guy yelled, and they all charged.

"WAIT!" I shouted, and all of them stopped in their tracks. "What in Zeus' name is going on?" I asked.

All of them were puzzled.

"Wait, you don't know?" Sword Guy muttered. "You are our sworn enemy in love! It's because of you that we don't get a chance to get ourselves known to her!"

"Her?" I groaned. "Don't tell me-"

"Who is 'her'?" Claire frightened me by suddenly appearing beside me. I nearly jumped out of my skin. Did she shadow travel or something?!

"Claire!" I blinked rapidly, Blazefire nearly tripping off my head.

WOO HOO YOU GO CLAIRE! screamed my inner voice. WHAT AN ENTRANCE! CAN I COME OUT NOW? PLEASE? PLEASE?

Keep quiet, I snapped in my head to my inner voice. "What took you so long to reach here?" I asked Claire.

"WHAT?" yelled Spear Guy. "Did you plan this the whole time?!"

"No!" I yelled back. "Claire and I were supposed to train together. How did I know that you guys were coming?"

Claire frowned, "What is going on here?" Being the child of Athena she was, she scanned my face for answers. A light bulb flashed in my head.

"We have a group of Ares kids to spar against," I said.

Claire drew her knife, while the Ares kids sirens went berserk, flashing red as they discussed among themselves of a strategy.

Not much of a use, chirped my inner voice.

I smiled, and in a flash, Blazefire was in my hand. I stood beside Claire, feeling formidable.

"Let's do this!" I grinned, getting excited.

The Ares kids were in their fighting stances, and without a single countdown, I charged at them with Blazefire. I slashed Blazefire at Shield Guy's shield, and when he swung his sword around, I parried it quickly with Blazefire. Claire came in, attempted to stab at Shield Guy's armor but Shield Guy evaded, and Spear Guy swung his spear at Claire.

We fell back. I realized that these guys really lived up to their 'Ares kids' reputation. They were good in fighting, and given the chance, they would be deadly in battle. Suddenly the tables turned.

Sword Guy charged right in and caught me off guard. Although his sword attack was easily detected, it turned out to be a distraction. Shield Guy from out of nowhere bashed me with his shield. Although he did nick my side a little, I managed to shadow travel at the very last minute. Claire was busy with Spear Guy and she couldn't help me out when Axe Guy swung his weapon around, as though he had anticipated for me to shadow travel at that exact spot.