Tying Up Loose Ends

Nico tried to change my mind about hunting down the Minotaur.

"No Nico! I will send him to Tartarus if it's the last thing I do!" I shouted at him as I stormed back towards my cabin to pack some stuff up and head out.

"That will be the last thing you do!" he shouted back as he hurried after me. "Look, Dan," he grabbed me by the arm. "If you want revenge, fine but you don't get revenge by putting your freaking life in danger!"

"What would you do?" I challenged him. "What would you do if you were in my place?"

Nico's eyes flashed cold. "Don't even say that," he snarled.

"Try me," I snapped, and walked on, banging incidentally into Roy.

"Hey buddy," he said, grinning. "I was looking everywhere for you. I was thinking about spar-"

"No Roy," I pushed past him. "I got more important things to take care of."

"Take care of what?" Roy blinked.

"Revenge!" I shouted, and I pushed open the Hades cabin door. I grabbed my backpack, tossed in a few clothes and was out in a minute. Roy was trying to keep up with me, but I could tell he was trying hard not to move out of my way. My aura was getting even more intimidating. Roy stood in front of me, blocking my way.

"What are you talking about?" he asked worriedly. "I don't think you are just going out for some camping."

"You're right," I snapped. "I'm not going camping, okay? I'm going to hunt down the Minotaur. He killed my mother."

"Whuttt?" he was clueless, dragging the word like one of the minions from the Despicable Me movie. "Are you serious? Dante, Dante!" He pushed me. "Stop okay? If you want to hunt him down, I suggest you bring someone along, maybe someone from the Athena cabin or anything! You can't go alone!"

"Watch me," I pushed past him again. I banged into Percy, who was talking to two of his friends, a blonde girl which was as tall as him and another redhead girl, Claire.

Percy didn't move out of my way. "Woah!" he yelped as he nearly fell. "Hey, Dante what's the rush dude?"

Before I could explain, the entire camp shook, like literally shook like an earthquake.

It shook again, and all around the campers froze.

We ran towards the entrance, where the campers on guard were shooting arrows and shouting. One of them was running towards us, shouting "Get out of the way! It's the Minotaur!"

"The Minotaur," I heard Percy say in disbelief.

"Just the monster I was looking for," I growled, threw my backpack down and dashed towards the entrance.

"Dante!" I heard Percy shout after me.

I was too busy sprinting towards the outpost. The other half-bloods must have thought I was crazy; I was running towards the entrance while the others were running away from it. The magical barrier extended only until the entrance and the outpost. That means the Minotaur was trying to get past the barrier.

I climbed over the gate entrance with amazing agility, and I was face-to-face with the Minotaur.

It was ten feet tall, and it had a head of a bull while the rest of him was human. He was wearing only a white cloth around his midsection, but he had a double-edged axe on his back. He was pounding on the barrier, but he couldn't break through.

"Get out of here!" I heard one of the half-bloods yell at me.

I took off my fedora and changed it into Blazefire.