A Ride With Three Ladies With One Eye

Never trust Roy Curtis in terms of transportation. I trusted him, and now that was proving to be a bad decision. A very bad decision that nearly cost me my intestines.

"Stêthi 'Ô hárma diabolês," Roy muttered, and my head went "Stop, Chariot of Damnation." Roy threw a coin, a drachma onto the middle of the road. Out of nowhere, a New York taxi appeared on the road right in front of us, and the door slammed open.

"Get in," said a voice, and Roy ushered me in. It was cramped in the backseat with my luggage bag, guitar case and also my backpack. Roy managed to squeeze in. The guy had the same build as me.

"Where to kid?" another voice, much like the first one said.

"Camp Half-Blood," he said.

"Buckle up!" came the advice. I scrambled for my seatbelt, and immediately snapped it into place. Roy snapped his too. When the driver, I don't know who stepped on the accelerator, the engine roared and we soared at more than a hundred miles per hour, and it was increasing.

"Woah!" I yelled. My hair was flying in the air. "Who are they, Roy?!"

"The Gray Sisters' Taxi!" he shouted back. "Hang onto your skin!"

I managed to hold onto my skin, but I couldn't say the same for my stomach. I left it at the sidewalk. This was worse than the biggest and most scariest roller coaster in the whole world.

"Careful!" I practically screamed, as we nearly bang a car. "Do you know where you are going?!"

"Psh," the driver scoffed. "We know where we are going."

"Sure you do," another voice said, and I realized that there were three people in front, all ladies with dark-skins. "Of course, it would help if I had the eye."

"WHAT?!" I shrieked, as the taxi continued to gain speed and dodge other cars in the same process.

All three of them turned around. I saw that they had no eyeballs, and their sockets were black.

"We don't, sonny," the three of them grinned.

"HOLY CRAP!"

Roy was grimacing as we were travelling the speed of light.

"I hate you for this, Roy!" I yelled, trying to hold onto whatever organs I had left. My stomach was gone, and so was my intestines. Luckily my brain and heart were around, if not I was a goner. "DAMN IT ROY!!"

"Relax boy we do this all the time," the lady in the middle chirped.

"Do what?!" I shrieked. "Drive without eyes and virtually try to nearly crash every car in the process?! Do your passengers survive?!"

"I think about five demigods survive out of a hundred," the lady at the right grinned.

"WATCH OUT!" Roy shouted, as we were heading towards a traffic light.

"Bah," the driver scoffed, and took a sharp right that made my head hit the window.

"Oh gods!" Roy was grinning. "This is better than a roller coaster!"

"Damn you Roy!" I was holding onto dear life.

The taxi kept on swerving left and right and eventually we were on the outskirts of town.

"WATCH OUT!" Roy and me screamed spontaneously.

The taxi emergency braked just in time before we could hit the sign board. My face smacked into the front seat. "Ow," i grimaced, holding my nose.

"We're here, laddies," one of the ladies told us, and I staggered out of the car and manhandled my luggage and backpack while Roy paid the ladies with more drachmas. Roy came out of the car too, shaking a little with my guitar case. The taxi sped off, and I nearly vomited my breakfast again. Unfortunately I didn't have the stomach for it. How on earth could my hat still be on my head, as though it was untouched.