Secrets

I had the music blasting in my cabin that morning. I turned the volume of my stereo up, tidying my room up at the same time. Hazel was with me, tidying up her bunk and table as well.

So tell me what you want to heaaarr~

My eyes were closed, and I made my bed without even batting an eyelid.

Something that were like those years~

I bobbed my head to the music.

"DANTE!"

I'm gonna give all my secrets away~

"I'm gonna give all~ my~ secrets away~" I sang.

"DANTE EZIO, IF YOU DON'T RESPOND YOU ARE DEAD!"

When I opened my eyes, I was shocked to see Claire standing at the cabin door. My foot stumbled over my electric guitar case and I ended up on the floor on my back.

"Oof!" I yelped, knocking my head hard on the cabin floor. "Ow," I grimaced. Blazefire, in fedora form was on the floor a feet away from me.

Claire was standing beside my reclined body on the floor, smiling down at me.

"I told you you were going to be dead," she joked. She picked Blazefire up from the floor.

"Not funny," I pouted, before accepting her extended hand. She was strong, pulling me up with ease. She placed Blazefire back on my head.

Honestly, I never realized how good she looked until we had our first kiss. Oh, you want details? Okay. She had her hand around my blue white gold cross hanging from my necklace while we kissed. No, we did not make out!

Okay enough details. Get your feet back to Earth, Ezio. Literally. Earth reminded me of Gaia, and the stories that Percy and the others told me about their quest to save the world from the ancient Mother Earth.

I knew I was wrapped up in my train of thought, but it wasn't until Claire snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"Are you okay, Dan?" Claire asked, observing my expressions to spot any signs of foul play.

"I'm okay," I said, and gave her a tight hug. She was surprised, but she just shrugged it off and gave me a hug in return. I looked over her shoulder; Hazel wasn't there anymore. My sister must have slipped out of the cabin quietly when I fell to the floor.

"OKAY, BREAK IT UP!" a voice yelled. "BREAK IT UP CD!"

We did break up, and it was Roy Curtis who stood at the door, giving us a Caught you! look with his arms folded.

"Stop it with the lovey-dovey scenes," grinned Roy. "I know you guys are officially Cladan, or CD as I like to call you."

"Shut up Remote Control," I muttered. Claire smiled, squeezing my hand tightly to show her affection.

Roy grunted. "Get a room you two!"

"Get outta here," I grinned, grabbing a nearby pillow and tossing it at his face.

He grabbed it. "Okay okay. I came to ask whether you guys wanted to take a swim."

"Sure! Claire?"

"I'm down," Claire said, putting on a hip-hop accent.

I squeezed her hand and gave her a smile. Ever since our kiss, I've been thinking a lot of her lately. Aphrodite must be messing with my mind. Even when other girls (Aphrodite kids) tried to chat me up, I shook them off easily because I was focused on only one girl.

My beautiful girlfriend, Claire St Michael, daughter of Athena.

"Okay!" Roy clapped his hands together. "I'm gonna go get my swimming trunks. Meet you guys at the lake!" He left, slamming the door behind him. He left me and Claire staring at each other.