Chapter 18

Aasia's POV

The days have passed by really quickly, and before I knew it, it was time to go on 'honeymoon'.

I really didn't want to go, but it was 'tradition and a wife should never refuse' - at least that's what Aunt Sadia told me.

Hassan had been really busy at work and only returned back to the hotel after Esha Salaah. We didn't really talk much and well to be completely honest it was kind of awkward at night.

Hassan refused to let me sleep on the couch and so we shared the bed...but I slept on the one edge far away from him. We'd both face our backs to each other and after a soft 'goodnight' from Hassan, he fell into a deep sleep, and not long after, so did I.

The next morning he'd be up before me, pray Fajr, ask  how my night was, and leave for work, and I'd have the whole room to myself. 

Yesterday- which was 3 days after the wedding- Hassan came home early - which was surprising enough - and told me to start packing. 

He refused to tell me where we were going and only told me what the weather was going to be like, before leaving the hotel. 10 minutes later Aunt Sadia walked in, with a huge smile on her face, but after seeing my unhappy expression gave me a half an hour  bayaan (talk) on how I should be happy. Not that I was complaining about her arrival, since she helped  me pack. 

That night I hardly slept at all... a part of me was terrified about leaving... but I couldn't help but feel... excited. 

I loved travelling and going to new places...Mainly because memories couldn't exist in places we haven't been to... and I always tried to 'hide' from my memories... because without memories, pain and regret wouldn't be felt. 

*

"Aasia..." a voice said and I groaned covering my ears with my pillow. 

"You are going to miss your Fajr and the plane if you don't wake up..." The voice continued, but I just blocked the voice out... wait... plane...honeymoon...Hassan.

I instantly shot up, and pain shot through my head and I heard someone groan.

My eyes opened, only to see Hassan holding his forehead, shooting me a death glare.

"What were you trying to do? Knock all my brain cells out?" He  shouted rubbing his forehead.

"What brain cells? Oh... the ones you seem to be missing?" I said... accidentally... some may even call it reflex. Somehow Hassan always brought out this reaction from me. 

Hassan rolled his eyes, "Shut up and pray your Fajr before time runs out." 

I looked at the time and jumped out of bed - I literally had 15 minutes to pray Fajr.

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" I shouted running to the bathroom.

"I did... but you refused to get up."

"And then you crack my skull, by standing so close."

"You were the one who shot out of bed like some bullet on steroids." 

I frowned at his weird comparison, before starting my Fajr salaah. 'How did I sleep through my alarm? That never happens... and I mean never.'

After completing my salaah, I took out the most comfortable dress I owned and jumped into the shower. 

60 minutes later we were at the airport. Hassan was pushing all the bags, while I walked beside him trying not to get lost.

"Will you tell me where we going to?" I asked as sweetly as I could, while Hassan dropped our bags off at luggage control. I always hated waiting and the suspense was eating me alive. 

"I didn't hear a please." He said.

I clenched my jaw, stubbornly.

Hassan shrugged, "I guess you don't want to know then."

"...please." I whispered and he leaned in closer.,

"Sorry I didn't get that."

"Well I'm not repeating it."

"Fine then..." He said and smiled.

"Please Hassan." I said, louder this time, and the elderly couple next to us shot me a weird look.

"You'll find out soon enough." He said with a shrug, a small smirk playing on his lips... the idiot was enjoying this. 

I huffed and crossed my arms. 

"Newly married?" The elderly woman asked.

I hesitated before nodding, and she smiled. "I knew it! The love between the two of you is beautiful." 

My eyes widened and Hassan choked on his coffee, "I apologise... there was uh... no sugar." He apologised standing up and walking away, leaving me...alone... with the lady. 

Her eyes widened and she put a hand over her mouth, "I'm so sorry... I see... He didn't tell you that he loves you... yet. But don't worry my dear, he will. I'm sure that's what this trip is about right."

I slowly nodded, even though my heart clenched. 

Love didn't  exist... It was a lie... a weapon used to distract someone ... Distract them until you leave... and they left with a broken heart...That's how it always was... It wasn't a feeling, but a word of destruction...

"After all..." She said pointing at a board I hadn't noticed before, On it was written 'Paris.' "You are going to The City of  Love."

*************

Salaams guys

I would like to apologise for the late update, but I was 6 hours away from home... for my cousin's wedding so I've been busy, busy, busy. 

Anywoo I'm home now, and even though school started again... I'll try and update faster!

Comment your thoughts pls

Vote if u like

Pls... if u wish...nominate my book in the  "Fiction Awards 2016" 

All you have to do is comment in the book, "The Fiction Awards 2016", under "Best spiritual" or "FIction"or which ever category u feel fits.

The book is in my reading list if u can't find it.

Comment : @ZoeMcCathy - No  Ordinary Love 

Thanks 

XOXO