Chapter 13

I am so super sorry for the late update!!! I  wrote a part yesterday but for some reason wattpad servers were down so it didn't save or publish! :(

I hope u guys enjoy this one!

Aasia's POV

After Mrs Malik stormed out of her house, claiming to have something more important to do, Aunt Sadia stood up, quite angry about the whole dilemma, while I just sat there shocked and utterly confused.

"Come on Aasia, we're leaving!" Aunt Sadia said-in a angry tone- one I had never heard before.

"But...but what about the wedding plans?" 

"Mrs Malik can meet us at our house - the bride's house - like she was supposed to!"

"But..."

"Aasia, Sadia why are you leaving we arn't done!" Mrs Malik said, storming into the house .

Aunt Sadia frowned and was about to say something , when I cut her off, "We thought you had something important to do...so we did not want to disturb you."

"Aasia dear!" Mrs Malik said, with a smile, tapping me on the shoulder, "What could be more important than Hassan's wedding!"

I frowned but nodded and looked at Aunt Sadia, who looked as confused as me, at Mrs Malik's sudden mood change...

"So... shall we continue?" Mrs Malik asked, sitting down.

Aunt Sadia nodded, and sat down, her anger slowly depleting.

"So...I decided that we should have two completely separate venues..." I said, cautiously. "One for ladies and the other for men."

"So you and Hassan will not be together at your wedding?" Mrs Malik asked.

"Yes."

"But that's a bit... insane don't you think... I mean it is your wedding... you'll should be together." Mrs Malik argued.

"But it's Islaamic that way...plus we will see each other before... at the... nikaah."

"Fine! So two seperate venues...500, 500, people." Mrs Malik said, writing it down.

"No, 500 altogether," Aunt Sadia said and I shook my head... here we go again.

"But it's two venues 500 is reasonable." Mrs Malik said.

"But Aasia wants a small function."

"500 is small."

"Yes 500 altogether!"

Mrs Malik threw her hands in the air,  "FIne! 500 altogether." she said, writing it down. "What colour scheme?"

*

A few hours later, we were still sitting in the lounge, finishing up our plans.  when the buzzer went off and Mrs Malik looked at the watch, "Angie! Will you get that! It's Hamza," she shouted, and the maid can running out of the kitchen.

"Well... I think we should be going, it's getting late." Aunt Sadia said, standing up.

"Why not stay for supper!" Mrs Malik said, "our husbands should be coming back round about the same time so we can all have supper and leave after that."

Aunt Sadia nodded, "Let me first ask him.' she stood up and walked away, her phone in hand, when the door opened and Hamza walked in.

As soon as he saw me, his face lit up and he ran towards me, "Sia! You're here!" he shouted, hugging my legs. 

I smiled and ruffled his hair, when Mrs Malik pulled him off me.

"Hamza! That is not how we behave towards guests! And we do not call them by some childish pet names. Apologize now!"

Hamza hung his head, "I'm..." but I cut it off.

"It's okay Hamza... please don't apologise... I like it when you call me... that name." I said with a smile, before looking up at Mrs Malik, "Seriously it's fine."

Mrs Malik frowned and turned to Hamza, "Go upstairs and  freshen up!"

He nodded and looked my way, before running up the stairs.

*

After a very delicious supper, cooked by the chef, I was sitting in the kitchen at the kitchen table, eating vanilla ice-cream with Hamza, when the door opened, and someone stormed it.

"Hassan Bai!" Hamza shouted excitedly, and I froze, silently hoping Hassan did not walk any closer, as I did not have my niqab on.

"Did you have fun today?" Hassan asked, in a tired tone.

Just Then, Mrs Malik stormed in, "Where were you?" she demanded.

"Out." was Hassan's only reply.

"I needed you at work... your phone was off." Mr Malik said, entering the kitchen.

None of them seemed too notice my presence, so I slowly put my niqab on, and turned around looking for the nearest exit. I did not want tobe stuck in the middle of a Malik fight.

"You don't ever need me!" Hassan shot back, angrily. He quickly shot a worried look at Hamza, almost as if he remembered his presence, before his face suddenly became emotionless. "You knew exactly where I was... You just didn't care enough to join me." And with that Hassan left, but not before sending  Hamza and I one last glance.

**************************

Nikaah- a muslim marriage. 

Salaams 

How are u guys?

Hows the fasts gong?

so...

Good news: Exams are over so updates shall insha allah be faster

Bad news: where Hassan was may remain a mystery until later chapters

Pls let me know ur thoughts on this chapter in the comments section.

Don't forget to hit that vote button on ur way out!

XOXO

Z