CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE - Eavesdropping

Start from the beginning

*****

Alex POV

Today was so not my day!

No, make that this week because my irritation had started on Monday. And there was only one reason for it: Tyson Williams.

Ever since we came back from the pawnshops on Sunday, he’s been avoiding me.

At first I thought it was because I laughed at him when Polly called him a hooker, but now, three days later, he was still doing it. Even proud and pouty Tyson wouldn’t hold a grudge for that long over something this small. So I was starting to consider what else I could’ve done to piss him off royally. I’d even made a list:

One: I’d insulted him.

Two: I’d hurt his pride.

Three: I’d lied to him.

I knew I hadn’t done any of those, except maybe number two if you count me making fun of him at the pawnshop. But as I’d said, I’d already ruled that one out.

Not being able to figure this out on my own, I complained about it to Devon who was staying at my apartment. He had offered a number four for my list: I’d made Tyson jealous.

I laughed now as I laughed when Dev first suggested that. The very thought of it was ridiculous. Tyson did not have a crush on me so he couldn’t possibly be jealous and especially not of Devon since...

“What’s so funny?” Tara’s voice pulled me out of my thinking.

“Nothing,” I stated and bit into my salad.

Eww! Why had I bought salad for lunch? I hated most vegetables.

“I was wondering when you’re going to notice what you chose for yourself,” the redhead murmured and took a bite out of her sandwich.

“You saw me buying this and you didn’t warn me?”

“I did but you paid no attention to me,” the girl contradicted, insulted that I thought she wouldn’t fulfill her duty as a friend and caution me.

“She really did, you’ve just been distracted all day,” Danny hurried to defend her. I hadn’t even noticed he was there as I was sitting to Tara’s right and he was on her other side.

“Oh, my Gosh! You guys will so not guess what just happened!” The chatty Bella squealed, approaching our table. She started jumping up and down from excitement, her long blonde hair bouncing at the movement. None of us bothered to ask her what was going on; she was going to tell us anyway.

“I just got a date,” she made a pause for effect, but it wasn’t long before she blurted out: “with Angel!”

My head which had been lowered as I glared at my meal whipped up.

“Wait… My friend Angel?” I questioned, wondering how the hell that had happened. I mean, they were so different. Sure, I’d seen them say hi to each other at school and they were dancing together that time we went to the club for the wet party but the news still astounded me.

“Yes, Alex, with your hottie of a friend Angel. Although I have to admit he’s not as hot as Tyson Williams, but Glory’s got that covered.”

“What?!” I shouted and accidentally pushed my salad to the ground. I paid no attention to it as I went on: “What do you mean Glory’s got that covered?”

“We are all going out Friday night on a double date: Angel with me and Tyson with Glory.”

“What? H-how?” An agitated spark lit her brown eyes, the same spark that signified she was on to some juicy gossip. I realized that my stuttering might’ve given her the wrong impression and put some ridiculous though (such as me being jealous of Tyson and Glory) into her head. I composed myself and continued. “Their last date was a disaster. The girl was pissed off for days after and she didn’t even want to look at him.”