CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR - The double date - PART ONE

Tyson POV

Alex had tried it again today. Talking to me, that was. She’d tried it numerous times the past couple of days, but I’d always ignored her. I had to admit: there was a part of me that wanted to know what she so desperately needed to say, but the other part of me didn’t even want to look at the girl.

It was too painful.

Every time she would play with the waves in her hair I thought about Devon running his hands through it; every time I gazed into her brown eyes I thought that the last person she saw before she went to sleep and the first one when she awoke was Devon; every time I looked at her small, parted lips I thought about Devon kissing them… I couldn’t get these images out of my head and there were so many more!

Not having Alex around didn’t help either: no matter where I was, no matter what I was doing, I just couldn’t stop thinking of her. I hoped time and distance would cure that.

I hoped and begged for it.

“Tyson, if you did not want to go, why did you ask her out?” A familiar voice queried.

I looked at its source and blinked. It was Angel. But why was he here in my house?

He let out a sigh and went on:

“Is this what you’ll be wearing on the date?” He queried, pointing at my old jeans and black shirt.

Date? Oh, yeah, it was Friday and we both had dates tonight. Mine was with Gloriana and I’d only asked her out because of… Alex. Just like last time I hoped that being with another girl would help me get Alexandra out of my head.

I was desperate for that.

“Yeah, that’s what I’ll be wearing,” I finally replied not having it in me to actually go change.

“Aren’t you going to shave?”

“Why should I?”

“You have a few days of stubble showing on your face.”

“So?”

“Well, it’s not your usual look.”

“I’m trying something new.”

That was a lie. I just couldn’t be bothered to shave. And what was the point anyway? Glory would probably be dtf if I had a beard to rival Santa’s and Alex…

“Devon has a beard and she likes him,” a voice in my head sneered.

“You know, I can always tell Glory that you are sick or something…”

“No, I am doing this,” I stated decidedly. I picked up my leather jacket from one of the chairs and headed for the door.

“Tyson, just look at yourself! You are not thinking straight,” my friend grabbed me by the arm and turned me around to face him. “You obviously don’t want to do this.”

I gazed into his worried blue eyes. He was right: I didn’t want to do this. But I had to.

“I’m getting over Alex, no matter what it takes.”

“So you are going out with the only girl from school that she hates?”

“Hate is a bit of a strong word.”

“But you chose Glory because Alex doesn’t like her?”

“Yeah, that’s why I chose her. Now let’s get going.”

I ripped my arm from his hand and exited the house. Angel reluctantly followed behind and I felt guilty: unlike me, he wanted his date and I was ruining his evening for him. I made a mental note to take the Witch… to take Gloriana away from my friend and the blonde chick he was meeting with tonight. Hopefully he’d have a good time then.