introduction.

"days of dusk." is a fictional work containing real life moments and struggles, experienced by myself and so many young women who look just like I do.

Wattpad has been a huge part of my reading and writing journey for years now, and I absolutely love it. But as I've gradually grown and discovered more of who I am and the things I enjoy, it's been hard not to take notice of the lack of characters in most stories that resemble young african-american women in a positive light.

And I read a lot.

I don't know, I just thought it would be cool to have the chance to relate to a character on a wider spectrum than just sharing similar interests. As odd as it sounds, I wanna share struggles. I want to know that someone else in the world has faced the same troubles as I have, with hope that they've discovered different solutions to said troubles.

And...I have this intense feeling that I'm not the only one.

So, instead of whining and grumbling about what I don't get from other stories, I just decided to create what I'd like to see more of. But whether I'm aware of it or not, I don't do anything for just myself...

I write this short story with the intention of uplifting young women and men to appreciate and love themselves wholly, for we were all "Remarkably and wonderfully made."(Psalm 139:14)

I write this short story with the intention of heightening the awareness and the beauty that is diversity. Multiculturalism is too grand a thing to suppress.

I write this short story with the intention of displaying my own idea of what a genuine pursuit of love should look like (hoping my own resembles this when the time's right.)

and finally, I write this short story with the intention of presenting something unique; something refreshing to enjoy and expand your mindset in a challenging and positive way.

I pray it makes you think and I pray it makes you smile.