Chapter 5

Tori's pov
The next morning came, and we had a new DADA teacher. Hermione told me his name was Alastor Moody. After breakfast, we headed to class and we saw also Slytherin there. I saw Natasha sitting with Pansy, and she was giving me death glares. I did too, until I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around and saw Harry. He smiled at me.
''Will you sit next to me?'' He asked. I felt a blush on my cheeks, and nodded. We went to the second row of the class and sat down, while Hermione and Ron sat next to eachother. It's time they get together already! Me and Harry were talking for a while, until I heard groaning. Everyone turned their heads to the door, and saw a man limping towards the desk. That must be Moody. He put his cane down and stood behind the desk with his hands around his back.
''Alastor Moody, ex Auror, and your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me to be end of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?'' No one answered.
''When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which one of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?'' He asked.
''Three sir'' Hermione said.
''And they are so named?'' Moody asked and wrote it on the board.
''Because they are unforgivable'' Hermione said.
''The use of any of them will-'' Hermione was cut off.
''Will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban correct!'' Moody finished for Hermione.
''The Ministry says your to young to learn what these curses do. I say diferent! You need to learn what you're up against! You need to be prepared! You need to find another place to put your chewing gum Mr. Finnigan!'' Moody yelled without looking at Seamus. Everyone looked back and we saw Seamus, placing his gum under his desk.
''No way, the old cooger can see behind the back of his head'' Seamus muttered'' Moody turned around an threw a piece of chalk at Seamus.
''And hear across classrooms!'' Moody yelled.
''So, which curse shall we see first? Weasley!'' Moody said and stood infront of Ron's desk.
''Yes?'' Ron muttered nervously.
''Stand!'' Moody ordered and Ron did so.
''Give me a curse'' Moody ordered.
''Well my dad told me about one, the Imperius curse'' Ron said.
''Oh yes your father would know about that one. Caused a lot of trouble at the Ministry a few years ago. Maybe this will show you why'' Moody said and walked back to his desk. He opened a jar and picked a spider.
''Engorgio!'' He said and the spider grew.
''Imperio!'' He said and flew it through the classroom.
''What should I do next? Jump out of the window?'' Moody said and placed the spider by the window.
''Drown herself?'' He said and placed the spider above a bucket of water. That's sad!
''Scores of witched and wizards, claimed they were under the Imperius cure and were forced by You-Know-Who's bidding. But how do we sort out the liars?'' He said and placed the spider on his hand.
''Another!'' He said. Some people raised there hands
''Longbottom is it?'' He said to Neville.
''Professor Sprout tells me you have an attidute for Herbology? Neville nodded nervously.
''Give me a curse''
''There-There's the Cruciatus curse'' Neville stammered.
''Correct, correct. Come here'' Moody instructed and Neville followed him.
''The torture curse'' Moody said and placed the spider on his desk.
''Crucio!'' He yelled and the spider squirmed in pain. I felt chills run over my whole body.
''Stop it!'' Can't you see it's bothering him stop it!'' I yelled and he stopped. Moody picked up the spider, and walked over to my desk and put the spider down. I looked at it, and quickly looked up.
''Perhaps you could give us the last curse, Ms. Black'' He said. I shook my head no.
''No?'' Avada Kedavra!'' Moody yelled and the spider dropped dead. I jumped a bit and looked away. I felt Harry put a assuring hand on my leg.
''The Killing curse. Only one person is know to have survived it, and he's sitting in this room'' Moody said and looked at Harry. He grabbed a sort of bottle from his inside pocket, and drank from it. The bell rang, and I quickly grabbed my bag, and left.

I was walking down the stairs of DADA, until I felt an arm around my waist, stopping me. I looked behind me, and I saw Harry give me a concurned look.
''Are you okay? You didn't look so good'' Harry said. I smiled and nodded.
''I'm fine'' I said and he nodded with a smile.

First off, I wanna say how sorry I am for not updating but I had some family issues and my mom was in the hospital, so I didn't have time and my head wasn't clear for updating. I'm sorry for the short updates, but I will try and make them longer and I will try and post daily. Hope you liked it and stay tuned for the rest!