46-♫- Till My Heart Stops Beating

♫-Chapter 46

            I fold in the box, slamming it a bit too hard.

            The tightness in my chest hasn’t left from the moment I left the hospital.

            Sitting back on the haunches of legs, I sigh, my eyes closing.

            I swallow hard.

            It’s for the best, I swear.

            His voice kept ringing in my head and deep down, I knew it was the right thing. I needed to go to school while he recovered.

            But it didn’t get any easier no matter how much I told myself that this  was the only way we could have a stable future together.

            It’s only been a couple days since I left the hospital and I’ve literally been staying at Teegan’s house-sleeping in his bed.

            Mrs. Kemps was beyond gracious and welcoming, but no matter how much people tried to make me forget, there was only person I was waiting for night and day just to call…or visit.

            He didn’t even say goodbye.

            I left that night like I did every other night-just a kiss goodnight.

            But the next day I came back, he wasn’t allowing any visitors-especially me.

            After being told that he adamantly didn’t want any visitors, I took the hint and left.

            To think that tomorrow morning I would be miles away from him, it was almost unbearable.

            I feel so much hurt and anger choking at my throat as I sit in my old bedroom, collecting my things.

            If his goal was too make me angry, it was working, but it was the hurt I felt that was the worst.

            If there was one thing Teegan was good at, it was pushing me away.

            I sigh heavily, knowing that I wasn’t exactly being fair.

            I collapse on my butt in a heap onto the floor, blinking rapidly.

            He couldn’t even call me.

            When I feel a presence at the door, my eyes immediately pop open, my heart racing only to drop to the pit of my stomach.

            It wasn’t-

            I stop myself from those thoughts.

            Staring up at the woman I shared so many physical resemblances too, I can only wonder how far the apple had managed to fall from the tree.

            She stares back at me, an unreadable look in her eyes.

            “Did you tell him?” I ask dully, my voice void of emotion.

            I see her flinch slightly, which was unusual for my mother, regardless, she regains her composure.

            She clears her throat, gingerly stepping into the room and looking around the empty, blank walls.