6-♫- Crazy

♫-Chapter six-

I stir awake, the drifting sound of a piano filling my ears.

            Yawning, I glance at my phone to see no new messages or texts.

            Tossing it to the side I glance around to see the room empty. Was everyone sleeping?

            Slipping out of the blanket covering me I tip-toe through the bedroom door and look around.

            Where was Teegan?

            Following the music coming from a room, I creep up the stairs, peering through the door that was cracked open.

            Teegan sits at a grand piano with his eyes closed as his fingers flow over the keys.

            Slipping into the room I rest against the doorframe watching as Teegan swallows hard, his Adam’s apple bobbing before he sings.

*optional- play song to right*-

                                              Isn't it crazy?

    How life slips right into your life

              His slightly raspy voice sends chills through me and I watch as Teegan leans into the music, his voice as mixture of longing and sorrow.

    Forces everything else to the side

    Fall in love at a glance, and that's alright

              When you sang, it took so much more than just a pretty voice and nice song.

                 You had to have emotion. Desperation.

                                         Isn't it crazy

                                         How we never felt so alive

              You had to release everything at that moment. You had to let the music sing for itself, and that’s what it was like listening to Teegan.

                                         Until your world collided with mine

                                         Trade love for a chance, that's alright

            Hitting every high note, his voice raises Goosebumps out of me and I wrap my arms around myself, creeping closer to the piano.

            With his eyes still closed, Teegan lifts his head up and sings.

                                    I knew I wanted you the first time that I saw you walk by