3-♪- Chasing Pavements

♪-Chapter 3

 If I tell the world, I'll never say enough

'Cause it was not said to you

And that's exactly what I need to do if I'd end up with you

            A bright light burns through my closed eyelids as I rustle around. My muscles and joints felt sore and unused.

            What happened?

            Should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavements

            Even if it leads nowhere?

            Or would it be a waste even if I knew my place

            Should I leave it there?

            My eyes felt like lead and I couldn’t open them. No matter how much I tried. The voice continued singing, their voice gracefully steeping up into the air. Despite my momentary blindness, I found myself relaxing under their lilting tone.

            Sadness and an emotion I couldn’t understand filled their voice as they sang the lines of the song.

            Should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavements

            Even if it leads nowhere?

            I build myself up and fly around in circles

            Wait then as my heart drops and my back begins to tingle

            Finally could this be it?

           Their words danced in the air, twirling about in my head and casting shadows within my mind. It was beautiful, intoxicating.

            I struggle to open my eyes again and a strangled noise leaves my lips from my exertion.

            The singing voice stopped.

            “Here,” a deep, smooth voice offered, propping me up on my pillow.

            I couldn’t see. Was i- was I blind? I feel something wrapped around my face and I try to pull it off.

            Panic sets in and I start to trash about. Who was this person?

            “Hey,” the voice sooths, gripping my arm.

            Oh God. Help. I attempt to clear my throat and a half choked sound leaves my lips as I try to unhook the machines attached to my arms. Im being attacked. My foot comes into contact with something hard and it falls to the ground, an unharmonious sound of echoing strings meeting my ears.

            I’m aware of a voice trying to calm me down but all I can hear is the resounding rush in my head.

            “Please. Please!” the voice, begs trying to restrain me.

            “I won’t hurt you, I swear!” the voice says to me.

            I stiffen but stop struggling, taking in the erratic beep of a machine next to me.