Ch. 18 Darker Shade of Michael (Multi POV)

A/N: This one is a looong one to make up for how short Chapter 17 was! Please be advised, it may get a little, ahem, hot. Don't be shy, leave me a comment or two!😜

Michael POV
I like to think myself a fairly brave person. In my youth I was very shy and squirrelly  due mostly to my father Joseph's strong grip. But I really flourished and came into my own when I began my solo career. I became more assertive with the people in my life and even more risqué creatively speaking.

I had only seen a firearm once before and that was during a drunken night at Quincy Jones' house in the late 70's. He had recently purchased a revolver that was said to have belonged to Adolf Hitler and was showing it off to his dinner guests. This did nothing to prepare me for an emotionally unstable Karen pointing a gun at Alexandria.

I slowly stepped toward a now hysterical Annabelle who was clutching onto Alexandria's leg for dear life audibly sobbing

I slowly stepped toward a now hysterical Annabelle who was clutching onto Alexandria's leg for dear life audibly sobbing. Alex appeared surprisingly calm--she swallowed slowly and licked her lips. "Karen, please lower the gun. You're scaring Annabelle."

Karen shook her head tears now running down her flushed face. Within a moment, Karen snatched Annabelle by the wrist pulling her away from Alex. Annabelle yelped at the sudden jolt. Alex closed her eyes as if preparing for the worst--almost as if she accepted her impending death. I've got to do something--something to distract Karen from this madness!

"Karen," I started, "why don't you hand me the gun a-and we can talk about this

"Karen," I started, "why don't you hand me the gun a-and we can talk about this. Nobody has to get hurt."

She turned the gun to me turning her back on Alexandria, "We could have been together, you and me. But you had to go and throw it away all on this--this whore!" she screeched through gritted teeth. "I loved you, Michael. I turned down so many men for the chance that maybe you would see me." Her small frame seemed to cower as she said the word "see".

I made my way towards her cautiously--and in an inspired gesture I did the only thing I thought would calm her. I tucked a golden tendril behind her ear with one hand and slowly used my other hand to lower her gun. Her gaze bore into my skull as I leaned in for a kiss to distract her. She moaned into my mouth as her wet tongue desperately found mine.