Ch. 13: Just Good Friends? (Michael POV)

Could she run out of here any quicker?

Fuck.

I'm so embarrassed. I can't believe it. Here we were. Finally having a moment and I had to go and ruin it with my uncontrollable erection. It was a combination of things, really: seeing her smooth legs in that pink dress. The strawberry scented shampoo emanating from her curly, untamed hair--her wet, wet mouth.

My mind went back to a similar encounter I had with Diana Ross in my formative years:

See, we were shooting the music video for 'We Are The World' and I had the biggest crush on her. Literally, I hung on to every word she said. She had my nose WIDE open.

Anyway, in between takes, she would come and tickle me. Diana knew I was so ticklish. Before I knew it, I was tickling her right back when my hand accidentally grazed her breast in the short halter-top she was wearing.

The exact same thing happened: I got a huge boner and hid from her like a total putz; completely and totally embarrassed.

When we all gathered together to wrap filming, she wasn't wearing her sexy halter anymore. She slapped on an oversized white 'USA FOR AFRICA' sweater and, well, the rest is history. 

I paced around the kitchen still reeling from my encounter with Alexandria. I guess it was best she left, there was a lot for her to do.

No.

She wasn't like Diana. She wouldn't lead me on like Diana did--break my heart by up and getting married. She told me what we had was special and then BAM--she was married with kids. Alex was different alright, something about her was--was magic.

I swallowed my wounded pride and started after her outside. She was sitting on the bottom step pouring over a small scrap of paper.

Anxious, I rubbed my neck and started "look, I'm really sorry. When I get excited I----well, it's just a knee jerk reaction. It especially happens when I perform." She turned around slowly, carefully, standing while clutching her paper. Tucking a curl behind her ear she started, "it's ok, really. Forget about it--I, I just don't know where to start with this list!" she whined. She was so polite changing the subject and all.

I smiled shoving my hands in my pockets slowly walking toward her. The wind blew hard sending her skirt ruffling revealing her upper thigh and sending her beautiful pheromones straight towards me.

Hold it together, man.

I shook my head and offered my help which she hesitantly accepted. My driver Jerry drove us around to all the vendors until we completed all of the tasks on her to-do list. All except one: chartering the jet to Salt Lake City. How am I going to explain this to her? No one outside of my family knew of the testing I was receiving from famed dermatologist Dr. Klein in Salt Lake City. Quincy, Sieddah, Frank, Karen--NO ONE knew.

"What's there to do in Salt Lake City?" she innocently asked as Jerry ordered KFC through the drive thru. The windows of the town car were the darkest shade of black shielding us from prying eyes. I watched as her eyes gently bore into mine, brown meets green; waiting for an answer to her inquisition.

I rubbed my neck and set my hat down on the seat beside me. I slowly began to unbutton the silk blouse I was wearing. What is it about her? Why did I feel so comfortable sharing myself with her? She froze alarmed, her mouth agape with anticipation.

"You may recall an incident with Pepsi, where I was severely burned," I started, almost in a whisper. She nodded slowly in reply. I took a deep breath: might as well finish Mike, you've already got this awkward ball of truth rolling. "Well, m-my skin hasn't been reacting well to the burn treatments I received. I've started losing pigment and--well..Salt Lake City is home to the best dermatologist Dr. Klein. I've been seeing him.." I revealed my bandaged abdomen to her. Her eyes bulged in...fear? No, sadness. Her wide green eyes were glistening with tears that had yet to be shed as she raised her fingers, covering her mouth.

"I didn't mean to upset you. It's really no big deal!" I replied sensing how hurt she was. I buttoned my shirt. It was so quiet in the cab as Jerry rolled down the partition and asked, "you guys want extra biscuits?" Alex quickly wiped her eyes, clearly jolted from my sudden confession. "Sure," I replied as the partition buzzed back shut.

"Say something," I beckoned to her. I swallowed hard, my breath hitching in my throat. In hindsight, my willing admission could have been dangerous. Knowledge is power, she very well could have taken this news to the National Enquirer or any other filthy excuse for publication and had a huge payday. But, she didn't. She inched closer to me until she was sitting right beside me on the long leather bench of the town car. I tried to control my breathing as she reached her hand towards my face. I could feel myself growing very aware of our proximity, it was evidenced by the growth of my manhood.

"Is this okay?" she whisper in a ragged whisper. What witchcraft has she spun on me to immobilize me in such fashion? To have me all but simpering in her lap like a stray dog. With an inspired gesture, she grazed my jaw line with the soft, gentle pads of her fingers. I closed my eyes and leaned into her embrace, completely drunk in her blatant compassion. I opened my eyes to see her green eyes burning into mine. "It's okay, not to be okay," she almost whispered.

Beguiled. Absolutely 100%, stunned at her honesty. Her genuine honesty. I could stare at her all day. "Let me kiss you," I mustered, shifting in my seat to gain better leverage. I licked my lips in anticipation of her answer. In hindsight, this could have been grounds for workplace harassment! But I knew in my heart of hearts that she felt the same. Her desire was basically oozing from her pores as a small chaste smile splayed across her face.

Roses.

Have you ever smelled a rose and let the velvety texture of its petals graze your nose? Roses. That's what her lips felt like. Timid plump pink roses. I rested my hand on her cheek as I deepened our stolen kiss. I could feel her initial tension melt away as she braved her tongue against mine twisting her hands in my hair. I braced myself against the door of the limo as I inched closer towards her to grab her waist. That's when I heard it. A familiar whirring sound, cool air tickling my cheek, followed by a thunderstorm of camera bulbs flashing.

In the throes of our kiss, I mistakenly let the window down revealing our stolen moment to a slew of paparazzi who must have been following us around all day. I could hear Jerry in the distance honking the horn and flailing his arms beckoning the crowd of photographers blocking our car. "Get a move on! You can't block us like this!" He bellowed as he slowly creeped the limo away from the flock of sweaty men clutching their cameras against their eyes. Each one trying to get the million dollar shot of Michael Jackson and mystery lady.

I hastily lifted the window button trying to shut the window as Alexandria clasped her hands over her mouth, eyes agape. "I'm so sorry, Michael!" She started tears stinging her wide green eyes. I shook my head in disbelief as I nervously laughed, "it's my fault--I accidentally leaned against the window button. The press is going to have a field day with this." I quickly went into damage control mode and walked to the opposite end of the car to call Frank.

One ring. Two rings. I looked over at Alex who still had her hands to her mouth. Three rings. Four rings.

Fuck this.

I slammed the receiver down and bolted across the car.

Love from Another (A Michael Jackson FanFic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara