Chapter 9

On sangeeth day:

I was more excited than the bride and bridegroom.

All the night I haven't slept. There are many glittering butterflies  jittering in my stomach.

I wore my favourite skyblue colour lehenga with  silver floral design and border.

Finally the moment has arrived. It's our performance now.

We got on the stage. The music started slowly, my heart is beating faster as aditya came closer to me.

He kept his hand on my waist, while my hand was on his shoulder. I just can't feel my legs anymore. I just forgot that we were on the stage.

My mind was clouded. We are staring at each other's eyes.

We started to dance. I'm on cloud nine.

This was like a dream, I hope it would come true.

Finally we got down the stage . Our performance was really awesome.

"Someone was blushing " teased Aisha.

Thank you aisha.... I hugged her.

You're welcome. Aditi I'm so hungry. Let's have dinner? She said sadly.

However I'm too hungry. I haven't ate properly coz of this dance. Come let's go!

We had dinner. Ate  upto our stomach full .

"Where are the others" ? Aisha asked looking around.

There they are, I pointed towards the lawn where all cousins are sitting.

We approached them.

What are you guys doing? asked  Aisha keeping her hands on the hip.

All at once, Aditya kneeled before me taking my hand into his hand.

I stood there unaware of what is going on!

"Cupcake, I love you"! Will you love me , he said looking into my eyes.

What's going on . Am I dreaming ? I looked at him questiongly .

Aditya" I love you too"! I said smiling.

I heard a  big applause by all others.

Woah!! Man you did it, said one  of our friends.

Aditya took me to side and hugged me.

Thanks a lot cupcake. You know these stupid guys gave me a dare to tell a girl "I love you"!  If you haven't came at that moment I would be totally screwed up.

But Addy...... 

Okay see you later I have to go bye..... and he went away.

Tears rolled down on my cheeks. I couldn't move from there. I hadn't expected this.

I flopped on my bed and cried .... cried a lot.

Someone knocked the door.

I wiped away my tears and opened the door.

Hey cupcake what are you doing?  Aditya came in and sat on the corner of the bed.

Addy....  I want to ask you something! I looked at him as a tear dropped on my face.

Why are crying?he came near to me.

What you have said before.... was it not true.

What? I don't get it. What are you talking about? He looked at me in confusion.

I love you Addy...... I said  staring at the floor , not having the courage of looking in his eyes.

"What"! What did you say?

When you said that you love me , I thought it was true. But..... it's just a game?

What the hell are you talking? I thought you knew that all of us are playing "Truth or dare"! So that's why you haven't came .

What do you mean you love me, aditi you are scaring me. Is this some kind of  a prank! he said looking at me suspiciously .

No.... addy I really love you. I always wanted to tell you how I am feeling about you. But.....

Stop it! Stop. I can't listen to your nonsense anymore.Are you crazy... we are bestfriends aditi. How can you even think like that.

Addy please listen to me...

No!! Not at all. You know what ,my friends are correct. They always told me that friendship between us doesn't last much. I always proved them wrong.

But you.... you made me fool.

I can't stop crying. He is so mad at me.

Addy please , I love you ..... I hugged him.

Get off me aditi... I don't love you. I can never do that. I can't believe you ....

He left the room with much rage and banged the door. The door closed making a 'Thud ' sound.

I felt like a shit. I wish I haven't told him.

Tears were unstoppable. This was the first time he called me with my name. He always called me cupcake. He was the only one who gave me a nickname.

Listening my name from him, itself made me think that we were very far, and not anymore like before.

I came to my reality. Tears flowed down and down. Atlast I went to sleep.

___________________________________________________________________

Hey readers!

Have a great happy life😊!!