Dracons And Dragons

Though I was no longer a prisoner in chains, I was was a prisoner nonetheless. I was guarded in a cramped space. This is what humans called a room. It was dimly lit by candle light and smelled of roots and vines. I could smell those who had resided before me, the stench was horrid. They were filthy creatures.

There was a sleeping place: a bed, a desk, and a chair. This was a terrible excuse for a chamber room. But it was different at home. We never stayed in flesh form. We were free to be our form and our castles were ten times as large as any humans. I was so used to my waterfalls, my mountains, my home.

I leaned against the stone wall. It was cold. It was foreign. The guard knocked hard against the door as he swung it open. He was a large gruff knight.

    "The princess is here to..." He cleared his throat in disgust "See you." He said, stepping back as the princess entered.

She too was foreign. She instructed the door closed and took the empty seat.

    "Hello Syferus." Her voice was a song, soothing like the sound of rain.

    "Why Aura?" I asked. Her named hadn't left my mouth in years. It had been ten years since I had even thought of her.

    "Why what?" She almost seemed irritated.

    "Why did you stop King Huburus from chopping off my head!? Don't act coy." I growled. I could feel the heat boil inside me as I got agitated.

    "Am I really the one being coy? How could I ever sacrifice someone I care for?"

    "Care for? What could a beast like me mean to you? Did I mean something those years I was a prisoner? When they killed my father?"

She shot from the seat onto her feet. Her face crinckled in anger.
    "You are an idiot if you think for one moment my people had anything to do with that. We lost hundreds in the war defending you and your people. I have cared for you every moment I have known you. I pleaded to keep you alive!"

I grabbed her arm thrusting myself into her space as heat seeped from my nose.
    "I WOULD HAVE RATHER DIED ALONG WITH MY PEOPLE! YOU KILLED ME EVERY MOMENT YOU HAVE KEPT ME ALIVE."

She jerked away, tearing her dress. I could see blood swelling from the tearing. I had scratched her. My anger was getting the best of me. Keeping myself in flesh form was beginning to fail.

I sighed. I didn't hate her. I didn't want to hurt her.

I groaned. As I looked up, I saw tears running from her eyes. It wasn't that I was shocked, more ashamed than anything. I had taken advantage of what she had done for me. I was being ungrateful.

    " Princess..." I choked. She shook her head and slipped away throwing the door open and running from sight. I had hurt her. The wound would scab but her feelings would not be mended so easily.