Chapter Twenty Six

I woke up to a blurry world. My body prickled like a staticy old television. I felt claustrophobic and I couldn't move my arms or legs. My vision started to clear up and my surroundings came into focus. I heard... crying?

    A shadow of a human, squished into fetal position, crying. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" They repeated between guttural sobs.

   They looked up. Their face was horrific. She looked like she had once been beautiful, but now... now there were long streaks of teared skin from under her eye down to her jawline and dried blood caked onto her cheeks. She stared at me with bloodshot eyes.

    "I'M SORRY!" she sobbed. "IT'S NOT MY FAULT! IT'S HERS!" she screamed and pointed at a ripped photograph of a green haired, dark skinned woman. She looked angry in the small photograph. "SHE MADE ME! SHE MADE ME AND I'M SORRY!"

   My heart started racing as she walked closer to me. Blood was caked on to an off white blouse and ripped skinny jeans. It was something from a horror movie. I was tied to a chair, in a windowless brick room with a steel door. The floor was stained with old blood droplets and on the floor was a roll of gauze, a bloody knife, and an empty pill bottle.

   She was inches away from me. "Please... please forgive me. I'm a killer." And with that, she untied me. I was too stunned to say anything, just watch helplessly and she took the rope from my body and tightened it around her neck. I regained my ability to move and lunged towards the knife, my body scraping against the concrete. I grabbed the knife and desperately tried to cut the rope from her neck, but it was too late.

    Why had I tried to save her? I still don't know. She said herself, she was a killer. She had done something to me I will never forget. Slowly, picking up the pill bottle, I read it.

    I screamed like a banshee from what it was labeled and threw it on the floor in terror and panic.

I feel evil. Is this how Rick Riordan feels all day? Okay but seriously, I'm sorry for not updating for so long, I went camping so I didn't have WiFi or even any electronics besides the vehicles my extended family brought and I couldn't write anything. I'll try to get started on the next chapter, but I'm also working on Offline. Also, thanks to CyanKittyCat for being my lovely beta and to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeep01 for working with me and editing Offline (Coming Soon). Okay, I'll tox to you guys later!