Chapter 15

"Carmen!" Tyler yells. "Let's go! Are you trying to send her into a frenzy?"

I ignore him, starting on my makeup.

We're already a half hour late to the New Years Eve party.

Everyone is being forced to come.

I have a blood red strapless sweetheart neckline dress on. My hair is let in its long waves, flowing down my back. My bangs are grown out to the length of my hair, and they're braided and pulled back.

The dress is long, flowing all the way down. It shows cleavage. I have black six inch heels on.

Even with these heels on, I won't be taller than Tyler.

I haven't worn heels since Shaun and Miranda's wedding.

Shaun is still using, but I'm watching him.

He's struggling. He told me the other day he hates himself and he wants to die.

I don't know how to help him. I'm ready for my Mom to come back.

Every time I see Shaun alive, I feel relief in my system.

I've been so upset that I've written a song about it.

"Carmen!" Tyler hells again.

"I'm almost done!" I yell.

Emily and I went shopping together in the city.

I've missed buying expensive things. I bought new jewelry and a black clutch purse, along with the twelve thousand dollar dress. I have no bra on under this because it's padded, and I've got on a black lacy thong.

I have smoky dark eye making that brings my eyes out, and red matte lipstick.

I look incredible.

I put my purse, keys, and wallet into the clutch, and I grab the bottom of my dress.

I've showered, shaven, I've got my deodorant on, my teeth are brushed, a bit of perfume.

Taking a deep breath, I walk out of the bedroom.

I rush down the hall, down the stairs. Tyler is straightening Nathan's tie.

He straighten up, turning around.

His eyes widen.

"You look...beautiful. You look incredible."

I smile.

"Thank you. Let's go."

"We're forty five minutes late." Tyler warns.

"I'm never early." I say.

Tyler pulls his eyes away from me.

"Alright kids, let's go."

We go into the garage, buckling the twins in, checking to make sure Declan, Ethan, and Emily are buckled. We take the Land Rover.

We drive, and it's all so familiar. Tyler has a black tuxedo on and a red under shirt with a black tie. All the boys are in tuxedos, and Emily is in a red dress. She's so excited.

The gate is open when we pull up.

Cars are lining the entire driveway.

My mother is back.

Snow is all over the ground, and the house has blue lights casting on it from every angle. The sun is almost gone, and it's almost completely dark.

After Mom stopped throwing parties, Jeremy quit.

But he's here now. I haven't seen him in nine years. He was there my whole childhood.